Electronic throttle pedal (anyone know anthing about them)

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Can i pick someones brains please. :blink:

Does anyone know if the electronic throttle pedal fitted to my 2008 FR Tdi is the same throughout the Ibiza range or are they unique to each model?. I really dont know much about them, when did they start fitting them? :confused:

Cheers

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Can i pick someones brains please. :blink:

Does anyone know if the electronic throttle pedal fitted to my 2008 FR Tdi is the same throughout the Ibiza range or are they unique to each model?. I really dont know much about them, when did they start fitting them? :confused:

Cheers

I 'believe' they're all the same. These were fitted to the mk4 from launch. The MK3 was also fly-by-wire, but I don't know if the same pedal unit was used between the cars

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Inside the guts of the pedal electronics is just a simple Potentiometer. In layman's terms it's a volume knob.

The Potentiometer changes resistance as the pedal is pressed and so a signal is sent to the cars electronic control unit. This signal will prod the hamster to run a bit faster in the wheel.

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Inside the guts of the pedal electronics is just a simple Potentiometer. In layman's terms it's a volume knob.

The Potentiometer changes resistance as the pedal is pressed and so a signal is sent to the cars electronic control unit. This signal will prod the hamster to run a bit faster in the wheel.

Great description :lol::lol:. I always thought the front of my car looks like an angry hamster. Thanks. :happy:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Petrol manual / Petrol Auto / Diesel all list different part numbers and a chassis change 06/07 so effectively there is a choice of 3-6

as Nath said though it's effectivel a throttle cable but using wiring signals instead

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
... The MK3 was also fly-by-wire...

:blink: i hope these MK3 dont suddenly fly off ... lol

i'm just wondering, is there anyway to "tweak" the settings, for instance lessen the lag between me planting my foot down and the throttle actually opening up. Not me plant my foot down and the hamster suddenly realising its being prodded...

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Petrol manual / Petrol Auto / Diesel all list different part numbers and a chassis change 06/07 so effectively there is a choice of 3-6

as Nath said though it's effectivel a throttle cable but using wiring signals instead

I dont suppose you would know the part number to fit 2008 Tdi FR ? :shrug: :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.