End of my mk4 days

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Well started the week wanting to downsize to a cheaper car, well that went out the window, and ended up px ing the beeza against a Cooper S. milage is now not a problem using the train

I took one to Le mans last year and it was amazing, a very different sort of go to the beeza, both 1.8t and tdi but blimey it handled so well. So i did the deal this mornig after looing at about 10 different mini's. ended up costing about £1200 to change for a 2003 cooper s, with all the toys and 30k on the clock, Its got the chilli pack, full leather, cruise, fold mirors, light pack, ESP, Full climate, . its a year older than the ibiza but the build quality really shows as its near silent with n rattles, and very solid.

I pick it up next wednesday which gives me time to remove the brembo's and FMIC, which will both be for sale along with my old ( 4 week old) xenons and Facelift Aero wiper kit, front and rear. Here's a piccy

Oh and it will be booked in for a Gt tuning 220bhp conversion at £795 within a few weeks;)
media.jpg

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
Looks nice [B)]

I have seen 2 of these for sale this week(local garage) 53 plate £11.295 & 51 plate works £10,995 :-o

I thought they were very well priced?

Triple D

Ah Ant i recon you got rid as you heard GAZ JONES destroyed your time at pod today :roflmao: he got a 14.1 ;)

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Ah Ant i recon you got rid as you heard GAZ JONES destroyed your time at pod today :roflmao: he got a 14.1 ;)

ah did he, thats not bad, i bet i beat it tomorrow though,

I got a go in my mates 147 GTA, and my mate who is giving me a lift has just asked me to drive his car in the morning as he is getting pissed up at the moent. so i have the keys to the 300 bhp 206 in morning, just got to remmber where the nitrous button is.......lol:lol:

Thats also why gaz should be buying my brakes off me,,,,, hint hint

although i will b interested to see what i can get in a 220bhp mini s as i have spent most of the afternoon searching through the john cooper section and gt tuning site. 220bhp for just £795!!!!!!!! scary,:p

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Looks nice [B)]

I have seen 2 of these for sale this week(local garage) 53 plate £11.295 & 51 plate works £10,995 :-o

I thought they were very well priced?

mine came out at £10k and its fully loaded, every option box ticked except the panoramic roof, it even has cruise control, and even ore important the DSC kit on it which is off the M3.

It also as a really cool feature off the M3, where the rev counter lights up red from 5k when started from cold and it limits your revs until the oil is warmed, the warmer the oil the more revs you are allowed and the red bars on the rev counter dissappear.

and spyke, that is so right about the windscreen as it seems so far away,

yes som may say they are naff inside, but i would say quirky, but once you compare them to a SEAT thereis really no comparison. but then they should be better. the car i have bought was £19320 brand new, the first owner spent £4000 on the options list!!!.

but hey its a change again, althought the Mini forum does seem to be either a little patrionising or in some cases spoilt little brats, i am one of the lot they don't like as i have come in buing a 10k car when they all spent 16k plus, i suppose i am riff raf. So will be hanging around on here for a while, will bring it up to the next SCN pod meet i think to see how it compares.:lol:

Triple D

My first go in a petrol car at pod today saw me driving gaz's car, fecked the start up, wheelspin in first and then pulled all the way really hard, managed a 14.6 in the end with a 101.85 terminal speed. i eas well chuffed as gaz didnt have a better terminal than me throughout the whole day :D

gazjones

all good things come to an end ant we all move away from certain types of cars after a while hope to still see you around on the forum but why not get the daddy of the mini that was on top gear lol!

cheb

Ibiza FR TDi
Sep 27, 2006
Rotherham
very funky looking the minis, just need to be slammed with nice wheels and your sorted. although would i be right in thinking that the mini isnt really a BMW made car, and the engine is out of a Chrysler Neon?

strensall

May 14, 2005
YORK
Nice car. I went the other way mate had an electric blue cooperS with silver and black union jack roof and quad spots with a bluefin chip 190 ish bhp that car flew. I paid just under £18000 new and had it for 15 months only lost £495 when I px it and I will get another one when my lad gets his own car next year (He couldnt fit in the back of the mini anymore) hope you enjoy it.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
thats good to hear, i thought you was gonna slag it for a second then. I.m gonna go for the GT Tunining 220 conversion with a John Cooper Competition Spec exhaust and John cooper Air box with GT tuning internals, should be about 230bhp then. But best of all will sound like a complete rall slag ggrrrrrr!!!

not sure on source of engine, from memory its the tritec engine hiwch is made in brazil. From what i have read they are pretty bullet proof, bar a few fires on a particular batch and more impotnatly the gearbox is rated to a lot higher end of the day BMW push it to 215bhp in the gp and if i wanted to i could drive into the local bmw mini garage and have them push it up to 210 with a warranty, so i know it will be ok with a little tune. but hey if it goes bang, it goes bang, i just upgrade........lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise