End of my mk4 days

Poverty

Yeah I really dont like that either. I like the way the mini handles and drives but could not live with the image or looks.

Tallica

Aug 8, 2007
each to himself

I like the mini a lot but I couldn't live with a centre mounted speedo

this goes back to when I owned my very first mini city 1000 with a speedo in the middle

(I have owned 6 in all one being a 95 BHP john cooper prepaired S works job)

=I also owned the Cooper prepaired S. Great fun little cars. Picked it up from
the great man himself (John Cooper) at his Worthing dealership.
Now they sell those crappy little plastic German ones. ;)

Hindey

Clio 197
Nov 25, 2001
London
The BMW Mini really is the Marmite of cars. I can't easily think of another car that so readily divides opinion.

I'm guilty of it myself. I have an irrational dislike of them to the point that I've just bought the Mini Cooper S' main 'new car' rival (Clio 197) and I still didn't feel the need to test drive one just because I could never bring myself to buy one. Plus my mates would laugh at me.

Still, at least it prompts a reaction. Tell people you drive a SEAT (Cupra or otherwise) and you just get an "oh". I'm looking forward to telling people I drive a French car, at least it'll get the banter going! :)

So, Mini. I can see why you'd want one, especially the old-new Mini Cooper S - supercharging is so much cooler than turbocharging - but I just can't see myself actually buying one. Funny eh?

Hindey

Clio 197
Nov 25, 2001
London
Oh, you should see the Renaultsport forums. It's not marque vs. marque that causes threads longer than a toilet roll, oh no. It's 182 vs. 197 vs. Trophy that have people going on and on and on for hours. At least it's a bit different here :lol:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
=I also owned the Cooper prepaired S. Great fun little cars. Picked it up from
the great man himself (John Cooper) at his Worthing dealership.
Now they sell those crappy little plastic German ones. ;)

I think technically it was Ferring not Worthing but now they have moved again to East Preston but may have closed all together :(

YEP! I went for a test drive in one with the man himself, I belive it was his own car (reg no H15 FUN) what a hoot that was, he kept telling me to push it as it was way more capable than I was :lol:

The one I bought was a 97 S TOURING 95 BHP and had the optional 5 spd box, adjustable suspension, electric windows, remote locking and all the trimmings and chrome goodies
proper little go-cart but only any good as a second car IMHO

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise