Error Code: 17831 - Secondary Air Injection System; Bank 1: Insufficient Flow

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Well some of you know I had my car on VAG-COM after my diagnostic light appeared and I got an error but I couldnt quite remember the exact wording. Well my own interface from Ross-Tech arrived today (took 48 hours from USA) got it all installed and plugged it into the computer and the full code is:

17831 - Secondary Air Injection System; Bank 1: Insufficient Flow

I presume as said before that this is just a problem on start up and warming of the CAT but I'd just like to confirm that. Also when doing an auto scan I get one other error that doesnt show up in the fault codes section, that error is:

00779 - Outside Air Temp Sensor (G17) 30-10 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent

Anyone know what's causing that one, is it the curse of the dreaded outside air temp sensor?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Im not 100% sure but the second fault code would make sense to be the outside temp sensor?

David.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Yeah in the bottom of the n/s door mirror. Very common fault. The new sensor fits into the bottom of the mirror housing and the loom runs into the door.

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
00779 - Outside Air Temperature Sensor (G17): Open / Short Circuit to B+
[edit]Possible Symptoms
In the Instrument Cluster you see dashes (---) instead of a temperature
[edit]Possible Causes
Wiring between Outside Air Temperature Sensor (G17) and Instrument Cluster: Open or Short Circuit
[edit]Possible Solutions
Check wiring between Outside Air Temperature Sensor (G17) and Instrument Cluster
Check Measuring Block Value

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members