Fault code reader

chevychase

Apr 9, 2009
MJ what firmware have you got on your autel vag405? i have just bought one with v2.8 but all i get is link error.

chevychase

Apr 9, 2009
yes got a jvc, the engine module to give a quick check up and the central conv as i have a fault with one of my ultrasounds.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
you might have to remove the fuse for the radio to use it but on engine it should go straight in. Try it on another vag with a standard head unit.

chevychase

Apr 9, 2009
Try'd all 3 with the fuse out and didn't work until a disconnected the head unit itself, how come the head unit cause's this problem? Oh and now glow plug 1 has a fault so goin to try new set. And as you seem very clued up could you advise me on what the fault with my ultra sound is? It says there is an open circuit?

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
If it says open circuit it either means there is a broken wire or the plug is disconnected, is the fault static or intermittant?

And with regrads to the radio issue; just read the link lee has posted. Seen a couple of vag405s fry after being connected to golfs and ibizas however ross-tech have over-come this issue by installing a self check within the VCDS software (they used to sell a seperate piece of kit for checking for the fault).

chevychase

Apr 9, 2009
Well I did have my roof lining out a few months ago hopefully it was just that disruption that caused the error code, al check again at the weekend. I would highly recommend the vag405 especially if you don't have a laptop.

chevychase

Apr 9, 2009
Just read the ross tech link that lee posted, that is very handy to know as am still a bit of a novice when it comes to working on the car. And could of easily fried my new vag405, cheers lads.