finally I picked my leon up

Mmikey

Feb 20, 2012
Also to add to the people saying he shouldn't be using the car to go to college/work (which you're allowed to do). Do you suggest he leaves the car and take a bus? Remember that his mum is choosing to give up her money, in place of a car for him to help her get around. Motability don't give you personal drivers with the car as far as I know so he's doing nothing wrong, except maybe giving his mum some money, as I'm sure other people would because they don't see it as a chore to look after their own mother who has to go without over £200? A month just so she can get around easier. What I've seen in this thread is nothing short of bullying and I think some of you should feel badly for what use are doing/saying to a guy who's already admitted to possibly ill mental health. It's ridiculous.

Deleted member 74601

I would consider reporting him, but the other thing is, I'd feel kind of harsh on his mum, for when she does ACTUALLY get use out of the car.

If she is disabled and genuinely needs it, she should have it, there are no issues with that. Should she have to bear the brunt her son taking advantage of her? I mean, she may not understand all of this stuff, and relies on her son to put things across.

Ryanoceros

Mar 12, 2012
Newcastle
I see he's removed the stuff from his profile saying he's good looking and is interested in women and gold(tool)..also removed what sort of car he drives.
Putting the whole situation aside about motability the kid sounds like a tit anyways.
I mean on one hand he says it breaks his heart throwing his nan in the back of an Astra,whilst on the other hand he refers to her as old and daft....plus his comments make him sound like a big daft kid.
Basically I he had paid cash for the car or won it in a raffle I couldn't care a less it's just the way he goes on that does my head in.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Last edited:
Reactions: m0rk

pfitz

Also to add to the people saying he shouldn't be using the car to go to college/work (which you're allowed to do). Do you suggest he leaves the car and take a bus? Remember that his mum is choosing to give up her money, in place of a car for him to help her get around. Motability don't give you personal drivers with the car as far as I know so he's doing nothing wrong, except maybe giving his mum some money, as I'm sure other people would because they don't see it as a chore to look after their own mother who has to go without over £200? A month just so she can get around easier. What I've seen in this thread is nothing short of bullying and I think some of you should feel badly for what use are doing/saying to a guy who's already admitted to possibly ill mental health. It's ridiculous.

I'm with you Mikey, whatever the situation some of these posts and judgements by people who don't know specific situation are tantamount to cyber bullying. Surprised this thread has been allowed to continue for this long given this is an equally serious offence to alleged fraud?!?

Adman77

Audre Est Facre
Feb 13, 2012
Hertfordshire

I'm with you Mikey, whatever the situation some of these posts and judgements by people who don't know specific situation are tantamount to cyber bullying. Surprised this thread has been allowed to continue for this long given this is an equally serious offence to alleged fraud?!?

People are upset by the facts/evidence they have. I'm sure you know (in extreme, unrelated cases) people can sometimes go to prison because evidence makes it look like they did it even though they may not. That's how people make decisions

Going by what we know and the way he has portrayed himself he appears to be in the wrong

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
When he emailed us to delete the thread I told him the following:

If there was no fraud, and you've lied then you have been very very silly. If there was fraud, then I'm sure you will agree, you've been even more silly and you will have to deal with the consequences.

Anyway, apparently he's now contacted a solicitor, I'm not sure why really. He also feels bullied (by people quoting the words he has used)

TomH01

Dec 30, 2011

Cyber bullying is exactly what it is, by people who don't probably know all the facts, I also am surprised this thread has been allowed to continue, there's nothing clever about bullying anybody.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Cyber bullying is exactly what it is, by people who don't probably know all the facts, I also am surprised this thread has been allowed to continue, there's nothing clever about bullying anybody.

correct! nobody has a right to cast judgement without knowing all the facts

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Nobody has cast judgement. They've used the information provided to allow a third party to do that.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
If this case is searched therough and all is valid, and he keeps the car, fine! However if he loses his car then it's for a reason, and because he hasn't followed the rules.

I's rather have it checked and know its all fine!

Hockey Guy

Oct 16, 2006
Consett, Co. Durham
Nobody has cast judgement.

m0rk, are you being serious?!?! What thread have you been reading if you think nobody here has cast judgement???

Your responsibility as a moderator is to ensure that things don't get out of hand, and that things don't become overly personal and as said in my previous post, the atmosphere on this thread has taken on that of a lynch mob.

Your allowal for it to continue is irresponsible, and utterly unprofessional. Quite frankly, it just smacks of ego and self-righteousness that you feel it's your position to see someone get so overly victimised - who made you judge, jury and executioner?

This forum is meant to be for everyone's benefit and enjoyment, and there has been a significant amount of personally directed abuse to the OP which is totally disproportionate to the original issue.

Like I said before, even if you refuse to remove the thread, you should at least lock it so as to stop the lynching. Enough is enough, let the matter go!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
m0rk, are you being serious?!?! What thread have you been reading if you think nobody here has cast judgement???

Your responsibility as a moderator is to ensure that things don't get out of hand, and that things don't become overly personal and as said in my previous post, the atmosphere on this thread has taken on that of a lynch mob.

Your allowal for it to continue is irresponsible, and utterly unprofessional. Quite frankly, it just smacks of ego and self-righteousness that you feel it's your position to see someone get so overly victimised - who made you judge, jury and executioner?

This forum is meant to be for everyone's benefit and enjoyment, and there has been a significant amount of personally directed abuse to the OP which is totally disproportionate to the original issue.

Like I said before, even if you refuse to remove the thread, you should at least lock it so as to stop the lynching. Enough is enough, let the matter go!

Mork's the boss. What he says goes.

Mork shouldn't lock down or delete every thread that causes someone to get the hump.

If you don't like it then don't read it.

Deleted member 74601

20,000 miles a year of HIS OWN PERSONAL mileage is a ****ing piss take on a motability car, that's where the problem lies.

Like I say, if he used it every now and then no one would bat an eyelid, the fact that he's using it as HIS MAIN CAR is a ****ing joke.

TomH01

Dec 30, 2011
Mork's the boss. What he says goes.

Mork shouldn't lock down or delete every thread that causes someone to get the hump.

If you don't like it then don't read it.

Oh well, that makes it OK then.

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
Oh well, that makes it OK then.

If people were sending hate mail, spiteful PMs etc then I'd agree with your sentiment. However, he's bragged about his car and the means of acquisition on a public forum, where members of the public can freely post their opinions, where legal. If people are of the opinion that he takes the system for a ride, then they are entitled to think that, and indeed say that in such a public forum.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Slightly more digging about, and research...

Using a Motability vehicle for anything other than for the benefit of the hirer is a breach of the insurance.

So things like: going to the shops, picking up drugs from the chemist - A-OK

Other things like: going to University, going to work - Not OK

So as well as the reported misuse, which Motability do take seriously - he can also chalk up driving while uninsured.

The scheme is an excellent one, I know many honest people who use it... But they're also wise that people misuse it, and are stamping it out.

Nice dit from their Chairman should some of the very negative "free car" brigade want to become enlightened http://www.motability.co.uk/main.cfm?type=NIA&Objectid=2778

Talk to anyone that genuinely claims DLA - they'll give their benefit up in a heartbeat to be fit & healthy I'm sure.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.