Fitted new plugs, now limp mode, update working again :|

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Sorry for bringing the thread back up but I was in halfords the other day and looked for the BKR7E plugs but didnt find any

Wheres the easiest place to get them and what price are they roughly???

Also I looked at the manual and these plugs aint supposed to go into my car but I can see that a few from here have them. How does that work???

My car has been remapped and thats the lot so far could I fit those plugs without having to muck about with them IE can I just fit them right out the box???

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
IIRC those plugged are pre-gapped more suitably for a remapped Cupra so you could fit them to yours. This was discussed last week so worth doing a quick search to check out the differences and specs. I think there's a link to an online shop too.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Ive been searching for ages now mate lol

Just all this talk of regapping plugs is way over my head

Are these the correct ones I need to buy and if so are they a straight swap over, just plug and play kinda thing???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BKR7E-NGK-SPA...eZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

The reason i'm asking is that there are the ones that say BKR7E-11 and ones without the 11 at the end and I dont know what ones to buy

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Are the ones on ebay the ones I need???

There will only cost me £8.55 for all 4 delivered compared to £12.50 from sparkplug.co.uk

Last edited:

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
taken from FAQ section

NGK BKR7E (Race plug, one range colder)
*avoid BKR7E-11 as the factory gap is too large, .042*

Ebay ones are right ones, hope that helps eck.

Now buy my wheels :)

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.