Formentor System Errors

spezwend

Jun 23, 2023
No, this will not fix car starting issue. For starting issue they need to update BCM firmware too.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Hi mate, did you get an answer on this one. Mine has been into the dealer FOUR times and various "promised" software updates have failed to fix it. They are unable to "replace" components because they can't get a fault code. It's ridiculous and borderline dangerous driving a car in that state. I even had to get my wife to record it from the passenger seat and send it to them to prove what was going on...
I've got this happening again ("constant (as in every 30 seconds) error message pings for "Travel Assist Unavailable" and "Emergency Assist Unavailable". Every 30 seconds... Ping Ping... Ping Ping... Ping Ping...").

I thought it had been fixed by a minor OTA update, but seemingly getting 1940 updated by the dealer has wiped out the OTA update and it's back with avengeance. Driving me nuts.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I've got this happening again ("constant (as in every 30 seconds) error message pings for "Travel Assist Unavailable" and "Emergency Assist Unavailable". Every 30 seconds... Ping Ping... Ping Ping... Ping Ping...").

I thought it had been fixed by a minor OTA update, but seemingly getting 1940 updated by the dealer has wiped out the OTA update and it's back with avengeance. Driving me nuts.
The SOS and EA pinging seems to have stopped since just before Christmas, I have since done a few hundred miles in blessed silence. I assume (or hope) an OTA update has been reapplied since the car was updated to 1940 which seemingly wiped out the previous fix for the problem when it occurred previously.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise