Forza Motorsport - All game info and discussions in here

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
The official wheel is very good, but it is another hefty outlay, but the build, feel and force feedback is awesome.

Dont bother looking at those 3rd party things, i had one of them a few years back when forza 2 was new out and they terrible, void of any feel, and the steering was far to light.

How you finding it online?? I'm finding the servers to be unavailable alot recently.....

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Same here, I couldn't access the storefront yesterday evening. For a bit I thought that the BTCC had taken legal action and got it shut down. ;)

warren_cox

Back from the dead
The official wheel is very good, but it is another hefty outlay, but the build, feel and force feedback is awesome.

Dont bother looking at those 3rd party things, i had one of them a few years back when forza 2 was new out and they terrible, void of any feel, and the steering was far to light.

How you finding it online?? I'm finding the servers to be unavailable alot recently.....

Cheers. I'm going to go and get one today.

Wondering whether the servers have been affected by the new Sky HD on demand services?

Rich23 UK

Slave to my LCR
Sep 15, 2009
Devon
I would love to get one of the official xbox wheels. Hmmmm :think:

Well I reached driver level 5 and completed the first year last night. Not bad going considering I had new baby draped over my shoulder and only had a 30 minute window to get a game in. :D

It's one of the only car driving games I can actually so well in the cockpit view. The feel of the driving is great. Would be even better with a wheel me thinks. :drive1:

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Had a delivery yesterday afternoon (apologies - camera pic):

web.jpg

Steering wheel is a revelation to drive with, and when you are giving it beans in the corners makes it SO much easier to catch the car mid drift if it starts to go Pete Tong / tankslap.

Well, it is a revelation, other than the cross pad only works intermittently so its going back today for a replacement. Unlike the PS3 Wheel I have (Logitech Driving Force EX), the pedals are weighted far better under your feet, and the steering wheel is a much better material to grip on to.

At £69 it is a bargain, and I can control the car far more fluidly with it. Even the wife was battering a Fiat 500 Abarth round Amafi last night and she's not a gamer, so its very intuitive.

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Thinking of doing what Warren has done now. Always been a playstation man myself. Waiting on GT5 is just boring! Plus the mods/cars in Forza look much more appealing, some of your cars look awesome, are the car sounds also realistic?

Rich23 UK

Slave to my LCR
Sep 15, 2009
Devon
Thinking of doing what Warren has done now. Always been a playstation man myself. Waiting on GT5 is just boring! Plus the mods/cars in Forza look much more appealing, some of your cars look awesome, are the car sounds also realistic?

Yeah the car sounds are pretty authentic. :)

I REALLY want to get a steering wheel for this game. I reckon it would make turning off all the assists soooooo much easier.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
The wheel is very good, and for £69 it's not as expensive as some.

The ability to recover tank slappers or a slide is far more intuitive with the wheel, and the feedback through the wheel when the car lightens over bumps or beds down into corners is really very well programmed. I can't recommend it highly enough.

It's not totally 'car' authentic as you always have the sense there is a motor doing the work at the end of the column, but for a £69 accessory it's an incredible good effort.

You can use the wheel unpowered with a battery if you don't want any powered connections but you lose vibration/force feedback

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
I can't believe I was going to sell my wheel before FM3, but you're right, it's really intuitive and fun to use :D

Rich23 UK

Slave to my LCR
Sep 15, 2009
Devon
Well I've just bought the official wheel. :D

Early xmas present from the missus you know. :whistle:

Hopefully my lap times will improve as it should be easier to turn off more assists. :)

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Free DLC?

I thought its not due out till next month??

Is there a DLC car pack available - im guessing if there is- you have to use MS Points?

is the hyundai the only free car?

It's free. 17th November it was released. A 3 car pack with the HKS Genesis, Rhys Millen Racing Genesis drift car and the Forza Motorsport 3 Genesis DTM-style racecar. When you start the game there should be a star next to the XBox Live Marketplace link, access it from there.

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Is it worth buying a Xbox 360 Arcade (is 512mb space enough?) and this game for £150 online?

I really want to play it! lol

Rich23 UK

Slave to my LCR
Sep 15, 2009
Devon
Is it worth buying a Xbox 360 Arcade (is 512mb space enough?) and this game for £150 online?

Don't bother with the arcade. For an extra £40-50 you could get yourself an Elite with games etc... ;)

No brainer. :p

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering

As rich said, dont bother with the arcade go elite, if i remember our offers correctly, GAME have got a deal on with an Elite, Call Of Duty MW2 + Forza for free until Friday morning (as thats when the bundles change)

Also the 2nd disc on forza would need a hard drive to install onto, and if you wanted to play online you'll need headsets etc Which will be another £15 on top, the elite just makes infinately more sense

failing that pick up a cheap Microsoft refurb unit from GAME or Gamestation with a 20gb Hard Drive and push like ****, some stores will swap assasins creed for forza for minimal extra outlay or if they dont, take assasins creed to the other store and trade it in again forza and pay like £15 - £20 for it, so at which point you've paid around £160 with a harddrive, and online stuff for about £160 - £170 all in.

PS if you go this route, only get the Microsoft refurb as they have got (apprently) the new Jasper boards which go wrong alot less often

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.