Fox god

Fox Piss more like!!!
Apr 9, 2009
Devon/Wiltshire
Hi guys, I've been on here a while learning from you all and sticking my 10 pence in here and there. So i thought it was time i did a readers ride thread, good times eh :D

I've wanted an lcr for years and in dec 08 after looking at focus st's and astra vxr's i decided seat still did it better!

I was looking for black, under 60k, full Seat service history and the full recaro interior. It took a while but was worth all the searching!

I really hope theres a photo under here! :headhurt:

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

Cheers for having a look

Last edited:

Fox god

Fox Piss more like!!!
Apr 9, 2009
Devon/Wiltshire
I always played around with my cars but this was the one that was staying standard. :cartman:

I managed four months and then i realised my lovely brembo brakes were looking a little pink. A quick search on the internet revealed a brilliant guide on how to sort this DIY style. I've been on here spending ££££ ever since :doh:

Pink!?
Bemborefurbish18.jpg

Laquer picked off plus wet sanded
Bemborefurbish27.jpg

Bemborefurbish28.jpg

New laquer on. Much more like it
Bemborefurbish22.jpg

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
Nice work with the calipers. The wheel bolts would look much nicer with the plastic covers.
Ignore this if you took them off prior to the photo.

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Nice choice of car mate. Black is the best colour;). Must do my brembo's soon been putting it off for 2yrs:headhurt::redface:

Fox god

Fox Piss more like!!!
Apr 9, 2009
Devon/Wiltshire
Next up was a Forge 007p dv and a K&N induction kit. I wanted to get everything ready for a stage 1 remap.

At this point i had an insane grin grafted onto my face as i heard my dv woosh through my K&N for the first time :D

KNFitted.jpg

I'd like to point out that those litle plastic pipes have now been replaced with a proper cold air feed :redface:

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
If you havent already then remove the soundproofing from under the bonnet. Then you'll hear your dv etc much clearer. Also replace the TIP for a forge or ths item, as the standard 1's are prone to collapsing

Fox god

Fox Piss more like!!!
Apr 9, 2009
Devon/Wiltshire
I took weeks deciding on who to get my remap done by. I wanted the turbo kick of a revo map but with the power band of someone like CC. In the end i deciced that AMD offered the best compromise.

When i went to pick my car up they told me it was a bit down on power, it only made 220bhp on the first run. That made my day as she's only a little 210 [B)]

It mapped to 260 which i was chuffed with, i cant remember the torque as my printouts on camp. I also got a Forge t.i.p fitted for reliability

Fox god

Fox Piss more like!!!
Apr 9, 2009
Devon/Wiltshire
If you havent already then remove the soundproofing from under the bonnet. Then you'll hear your dv etc much clearer. Also replace the TIP for a forge or ths item, as the standard 1's are prone to collapsing

I binned those a while ago on my quest for whoosh :cartman: i dont think there's much more i can do. I finally did an N249 bypass a couple of weeks ago and that made it sound alot better :D

Fox god

Fox Piss more like!!!
Apr 9, 2009
Devon/Wiltshire
I'm aiming to use o/e grade parts with everything i do. I want to keep things subtle, so a standard civic ariel went on next. I think i chucked on a fabia rear wiper too as my original wiper would have been more use ase a pool cue.

Fox god

Fox Piss more like!!!
Apr 9, 2009
Devon/Wiltshire
Next up was some 6000k hids. They're by hids direct and i've been very happy with them, easy to fit too.

Dull standard lights
Normdippedbeam.jpg

NewHIDontheleft-1.jpg

Much more like it
HIDsinthedark1.jpg

HIDsinthedark.jpg

I got some little three head LED's off the ebay for my side lights and they hold their own against the hid's really well

tom-coupe

Jan 11, 2010
looks really really smart mate. was it only the 210 and 225 that come with the recaros? im getting a 180 in the summer (due to insurance raping me on that lol) and i wont to no if too look out for them ?

Fox god

Fox Piss more like!!!
Apr 9, 2009
Devon/Wiltshire
Next was time for my first service, no big deal i thought she's running sweet.

Front discs all rotten and pitted on the inside
Front tyres bold on the inside
Rear discs need replacing asap!
Cv boot split
Oh and MOT in two weeks :-o

I tried to look at this as an oportunity.... as you do, so i went for grooved front discs with Ds2500 pads, and Goodyear Eagle F1 asymetrics. I did most of the work myself, it was a good learning experience and i save myself £££'s :funk:

Fox god

Fox Piss more like!!!
Apr 9, 2009
Devon/Wiltshire
looks really really smart mate. was it only the 210 and 225 that come with the recaros? im getting a 180 in the summer (due to insurance raping me on that lol) and i wont to no if too look out for them ?

Cheers mate. The 210 came with the recaros front and back but was an expensive option and effectively made the car a four seater. The 225 only came with the option of recaros in the front so was alot cheaper. I dont think they did recaros in the 180, but i'm not 100% on that

scotty555

loooks great mate tops work, loooks so shiney any probs when cleaning it i never seem to be 100% happy with it once iv fininshed! i dont know whether its me being anal or if its not clean properly!

Fox god

Fox Piss more like!!!
Apr 9, 2009
Devon/Wiltshire
Next i wanted to go slightly lower. I'm eventually going for a full suspension upgrade with all bushes and topmounts renewed but for now i've gone for some weitec springs. I went for their 50mm kit which equates to 30mm drop on a cupra ARRRR.

If this kills my standard shocks i'll just have to do it all sooner which would be terrible lol :whistle:

Before
IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

After
IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

Fox god

Fox Piss more like!!!
Apr 9, 2009
Devon/Wiltshire
loooks great mate tops work, loooks so shiney any probs when cleaning it i never seem to be 100% happy with it once iv fininshed! i dont know whether its me being anal or if its not clean properly!

Thanks buddy, i think black's a nightmare to keep looking good. To try and help i've ditched the sponges for a mit and use a microfibre towell to dry it. Autogleam super resin polish helps take out the swirl marks and i just put some muguires gold class wax on top for a deep shine.

Have you ever clay bared you car?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.