FR Tdi 195bhp - AS STANDARD

G4R3TH

Hi Guys,

Had a rolling road session at Torque of the Devil yesterday and my FR TDi kicked out 195.2bhp and 280ftlb...completely standard.

I've read other people getting high figures but surely that's just rediculous.

Rollers seemed to be accurate, standard Fiesta ST's were putting out 150-152bhp, everything else there was modified so no telling what they should be putting out.

Will get the graph up next week when I'm near a scanner.

I've got Custom Code remap coming on Wednesday (should've been done last week), so hoping for 220+ Bhp and 320+ ftlb but that may be too much for the DPF.

Going back to Torque of the Devil next week to do standard vs remapped back to back runs so will keep you all updated.

Gareth

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Hi Guys,

Had a rolling road session at Torque of the Devil yesterday and my FR TDi kicked out 195.2bhp and 280ftlb...completely standard.

I've read other people getting high figures but surely that's just rediculous.

Rollers seemed to be accurate, standard Fiesta ST's were putting out 150-152bhp, everything else there was modified so no telling what they should be putting out.

Will get the graph up next week when I'm near a scanner.

I've got Custom Code remap coming on Wednesday (should've been done last week), so hoping for 220+ Bhp and 320+ ftlb but that may be too much for the DPF.

Going back to Torque of the Devil next week to do standard vs remapped back to back runs so will keep you all updated.

Gareth

Makes having a remap and getting just 200 bhp pretty pointless! :(

Those that have remapped what were you getting before & after ?

G4R3TH

That's what I've been thinking Moley RUFC. Gonna speak to CC tomorrow to see what they say. But it's not all about peak figures, I've heard remaps change the delivery of power, if the curves can change to allow more power lower down and more torque further up the rev range then it'll be worth it IMHO.

But would be great to see resuls from people who have had remaps, standard vs remap (back to back results)

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
revo have a 170 passat that was 191 as standard so does seem that they are higher than advertised.

/ waits for m0rk to arrange a rr day near me :)

jonnyash

fr 170 tdi
Jun 6, 2007
north somerset
thats interesting because when i was up at superchips with the running problems a while ago i had them put it back to standard and saw it at 194bhp but they were trying to play it down saying that it hadnt reverted its self properly and they tryed it again when i wasnt there and it made 182bhp funny that as thats the same as the car they had themselves !!!!
i might get mine put back to standard and see for myself what its pulling!because 600 pound for around 6 to 10 bhp is not good!!!!

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
How much are you paying for the custom code G4R3TH? They were doing a 30% discount but that ran out 31 Jan:shrug: Have they extended it or have you just missed it? :doh:

G4R3TH

I got it with the 30% off, original date for the map was 31st Jan, but they couldn't make it so now being done on Wednesday. I believe they have also now extended it until the end of Feb.

Jonnyash - Definately have a word with Superchips if their product is any good they should be happy to do back to back runs standard vs remapped. Just watch the RR operator doesn't change any settings between runs.

Haddock

Burning Oil @ 140
Mar 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Must be honest - I was doubting Jace's 197 bhp @ Superchips... but this one with 195bhp, and Revo's with 191bhp... Can I change my mind?? :D

Be interesting to see what you have after the CC remap..

Chris

Crazyhazy

Now mine has been mapped there is more power in the lower revs and it is a smoother drive, unfortunately there was an issue with the RR at P-Torque but its booked in for Saturday at Pro-sport in Stockport so I will let you know what the figures are.

BanziBarn

FR TDI & Type-R
Jun 5, 2003
Greater London
Visit site
I think this is why Revo aren't quoting actual figures (from what I've seen) but instead only increases for their new map. I would agree no one would pay £500+ for a few bhp.

yorkphil

My CC remap took me from 168bhp to 208.

From everyone elses figures it seems I must have had the slowest std FR TDi that Seat have ever built :cry: but I certainly can't complain about its power and torque now :D

jonnyash

fr 170 tdi
Jun 6, 2007
north somerset
Jonnyash - Definately have a word with Superchips if their product is any good they should be happy to do back to back runs standard vs remapped. Just watch the RR operator doesn't change any settings between runs.[/QUOTE]

they did do this for me but as it was mapped the put back to standard then put on the rolling road they said the learning part of the ecu was still making it produce more power! i'm going to get it dyno'ed now then put back to standard and run it for a bit then done again to see for myself i think!!!

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Did you manage to scan your graph mate - would be interested to see it!

This is mine.............Factory standardness in full effect.......

scan0001.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members