Front end prices?

MarkW

Chris
Apr 4, 2007
Edingburgh
Hi all - had my car crashed into at the gym today - front bumper is smashed, grill surround broken, indicator cracked and possibly headlight needs to be replaced.

I think the wing and bonnet are fine but need to check in the morning - just as a first impression before I start hunting round tomorrow - what sorta ball park figures do you think I'd be looking at to get sprayed? I was was thinking parts and labour its gonna be between £6-£800? That sound about right or more?

Guy left insurance details but I still need to search round for quotes - want to know what sort of price I should be looking at for a good job? Its metallic black pearl.

Cheers guys :D

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
that was good of the person to leave details! nobody normally does!

i would say less then that if no wing is damaged tbh (around £200-300), but obviously a garage will charge loads (the ones insurance companies use)

if you go through insurance it will most likely be wrote off if it is around the estimate you said!

MarkW

Chris
Apr 4, 2007
Edingburgh
hmm thats what I thought but then it is only on 60k and still running! I thought a bumper would be at least £100-£150 for vag spec one - not being funny but I don't want a cheap knock off one when I'm the victim!!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
yeah which is fair enough mate
i don't think it'll be £150, maybe closer to £100
grill is like £15ish IIRC, then light/s
and spraying

yeah i know what you mean, hence me saying it might get wrote-off

EDIT: looking at old'uns repsonse i take it back lol

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
hmm thats what I thought but then it is only on 60k and still running! I thought a bumper would be at least £100-£150 for vag spec one - not being funny but I don't want a cheap knock off one when I'm the victim!!

dealer prices then...

GTi i presume? headlamp - £100 + ?
bumper, no idea but prob more than £150?
add in the grille, labour, paint etc, ....don't be surprised if your near write-off territory as far as book value goes :shrug:

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
I had from the dealer:

Bonnet
Bumper
Front Splitter
2x Wings
GTi headlights
Inductors
Grille
Bumper Grille
Side Skirts

And paid £740 with trade discount otherwise I was looking at £1300 ----- Basically a price of a mint Mk2 with low milage lol

2pac58

just 2 let u no i had my 2l 8v cupra wrote off and insurance paid me £1529 i bought the car back off them for £158 only damage i had was a dodgy door and with what they gave me easy fix

red chilli

dont know if there the same front end but pics are there to check

but i might be breaking my mk2 have a look on my thread !
if its anyhelp to you cheers paul 0208 405 9663

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
actually i just found a piece of paper that i wrote a quote when i needed a sideskirt, and with fittings etc ended up £105 lol
so my estimates might be way off before lol

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
when i replaced the wing on my valver i got a 'fake' oem one off ebay for £45 and it was mint by the time it was sprayed and on the car i had paid best part of £200...

if its all to be sprayed anyway then just get ebay parts and you could always through on the front bumper of a Classic Polo......

since seeing that one on here a few weeks back i really am keen to see what they look like in other colours !

MarkW

Chris
Apr 4, 2007
Edingburgh
lol. well.... so far I have been quoted:
Bumper - £185
Grille & Surround - £50
Headlamp - £82
Indicator - £22
All prices are plus VAT!!

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
dude in all fairness, some of the vw plastic parts are shite and not alot to choose from on quality with pattern parts..you can get a primed pattern front bumper for £59

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.