front end removal help needed

l.e.star

Feb 8, 2009
leicester
ok a few weeks ago when we had bad snow my car decided to leave the road and hit a concreate lampost luckily enough i was only doing about 15 mph. so anyway after taking off the bumper the front crash bar had bent in but just missed the radiator and the headlight lugs snapped on the nearside because the bumper forced it out ive brought a new bonnet which isnt a great fit and a new headlight. and im yet to buy a new crash bar. ive refitted the new headlight but its misalligned and doesnt sit flush in the wing. ive seen a new front panel wich im thinking of buying to sort this so i know when it comes mot time everything is straight.
to cut a long story short has anyone here ever removed there front panel and fitted a new one ? i dont want to tackle it then to realise i cant do it half way through with having to take out rad and air con rad and bonnet catch e.t.c

l.e.star

Feb 8, 2009
leicester
Are you sure its not bent the chassis? even tho you were only doing 15mph its still possible.

ive took off the headlights/bumper/bumper crash bar and checked the chasis legs for any broken welds and paint flakes and there was nothing ive checked the tyres for any shreddind and the tracking is straight its not pulling to any one side. but the headlights i cant get to sit straight against the leading edge of the bonnet and wing.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise