front mounted intercooler?

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
i own an 03regTDI sport have had it re mapped to 185bhp and are now o the quest for more power.... forge do a front mountind intercooler kit its 600quid tho! worth the money? any info would be grate cheers

T. Spark

Think a search would be your best bet matey... the Forge FMIC has been covered any many threads, check out the MK4 FAQ section also.

The FMIC itself wont give you more power, will make better use of the power you have, you wont suffer from heat soak in the summer etc. But to get more power, you would need to up the boost. I hope you have done alot more than just a remap, as being able to steer & stop are also important before jumping the power anymore imho.

Triple D

Am in the process of fitting one to my mates 20vt fr, myself, (pd 130 fr) slightly tuned, my mates (pd130) was the development car for forge, and have also fitted another one to another (fr 20vt) IMHO i think they do the job they have been designed to do. I havent friven a cupra one with the seat sport FMIC fitted as of yet apart from the diesel, and that was a few years back so have forgotten what it was like.

Search like other people have said and im sure you will find all the answers your looking for. If your still not happy with 185 bhp, have a look here, www.allardmotorcomapny.co.uk and they should beable to answer all the questions you have on tuning a derv

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
yeah i also got good brakes and have upgraede the standard 205/45/16 wheels for a set of team dynamics 215/40/17, i got a bloke come all the way from carlisle to re-map my car and he did a very good job to so any more info on front mounted cooler would be awasome

Bunnin

Stealth machine
Just finished fitting a forge fmic n forge strut brace today ! after a few alterations. I do notice slight lag now in lower revs but holds top end speed so much better. Also the inlet was roasting after a good blast, today it was still cold to touch! definatley worth the money! pops now in lows gears too

Big thanks to spanny (the medic) n Jordan (luke skywalker) 4 there help ! it was a good laugh.:cartman:

Next comes Revo stage 2 :funk: at last :D

Last edited:

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
sorry! just checked the links and he's deleted the files off photo bucket, you could maybe try PM'ing him if you that interested :)

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
imho the forge intercooler is well worth the money.

i paid 530 in a group buy and it was well worth it, no more limp mode and pulled very strong in the top gears.

have you had the car rolling roaded to achieve 185 or is it just a rough figure?

what is the wheel horse power?

gazjones

all my pics are still there but stage one can be used with a standard car and stage two works along with good induction kit full exhaust system and 4 bar fuel pressure reg but revo dont do stage two for the tdi's

gazjones

and yes the fmic is good allows me to run silly settings that before would probable have made the bloow up lol!

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
pics are still there but vids say "file no longer exists" when clicking on the link in the above thread :(

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members