front mounted intercooler?

Triple D

Just finished fitting a forge fmic n forge strut brace today ! after a few alterations. I do notice slight lag now in lower revs but holds top end speed so much better. Also the inlet was roasting after a good blast, today it was still cold to touch! definatley worth the money! pops now in lows gears too

Big thanks to spanny (the medic) n Jordan (luke skywalker) 4 there help ! it was a good laugh.:cartman:

Next comes Revo stage 2 :funk: at last :D

:lol: GET A MEDIC YALLLLLLLLL :lol: that was a classic mate, was also extreamly suprised at how cold your intake manifold was after your blast, could hold your hand on it for ages, but after say 30 mins it had slightly warmed up mind.

Will be good when you finally get some decent power though matey, you did it in the correct way like me, all the basic stuff sorted first, then up the power :D

gazjones

hey nowt wrong doing it the other way lol mine is cold after a blast as well but head up loads when idling need evo heat sheild

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
yes, mine was on a diesel.

T.Sparks got it now as i sold the car.

But it made the car so much easier to drive in the summer...

T. Spark

yes, mine was on a diesel.

T.Sparks got it now as i sold the car.

But it made the car so much easier to drive in the summer...

Indeed thanks Mr Sissons :D

Have to admit it seems to have helped top end speed and pull above 4,000rpm in 5th/6th gear's

What will happen in summer? Instead of the car dying due to heat soak, it just laughs and carry's on!?

jj10

sell me your car!!
Jul 11, 2005
Parts unknown...
(IF yours is a PD engine) - might be worth finding out what bit you need to get up to PD160 spec... My mate recently had his (otherwise standard) jabba'd up to 205 bhp with ~330 lbs/ft of torque... I have to occasionally slap him to remove the grin

jj10

sell me your car!!
Jul 11, 2005
Parts unknown...
just a suggestion - you wouldn't be the first to get mapped again to get the best outta new mods...

Searchio on the TDI tuning section should point you in the right direction... Checked out that Allard place for my mate aswell - depending how rich / crazy you are, there's quite a bit that can be done...

Last edited:

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
seriously i can't recomend a proper 4 wheel alignment enough check out the link i posted, i'm not the only one :)

gazjones

ive not got a pd but mine dropped about 2 psi when i fitted it bu after 30 miles of driving it adapted and was back to how it was before thats the good think with the vw ecu's adapting. think the pd will do the same as well

Triple D

If your inside tyres are wearing down quickly then it could be your control arm bushes being shagged. Possibly be worth a look at that first mate.