Front Speaker wires

alb

Jul 3, 2007
Sheffield
Im looking to upgrade the front speakers in my MK2 Ibiza from the standard ones that came with it. The original speakers are in the dash, and i've taken them out to have a quick look. The only problem is that the original speakers connect using a plug with 4 wires going into it, wheras the after market ones i've bought connect just using the wires.
Does anyone know which wires i'd need to connect to the positive and negotive terminals on the new speakers? as i dont want to cut the plug of the wires and then find out they wont work, leaving me with no front speakers at all.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I did this recently. Remember the colours of the 2 negative wires and the colours of the 2 positive colours. Cut the plug off (Quite far down incase you ever want to put the standard speakers back in, strip some of the insulation from the four wires, twist the 2 negative wires together and the 2 positive together, get a strip/block connector (make sure it has to holes and screws at each side)

Put the 2 negative wires in one hole and the 2 positive in the other hole (both on the same side) then put the positive wire that goes to your speakers in the strip/block connector opposite the 2 standard positive wires and put the negative wire that goes to your speakers in the strip/block connector oppostive the 2 negative standard negative wires. Connect the wires to your speakers and your done.

Just to warn you, the drivers side speaker is akward, you have to take the gauges out to get access to the speaker to unclip it from the dash. Once you have it unclipped you can work through the speaker hole to fix out the wiring.

Any problems let me know!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise