Front Washers Not Working

McCann87

Mar 5, 2009
Middlesbrough
After having the original problem of smears on my windscreen...i now get no water coming through at all!

Water comes through back wiper fine & can hear the pump wurring away when doing the front one, but all the water just drops straight onto the drive.

Im guessing the pipe has come off, anyone know where it is? It thinking its in the black plastic that the washers stick out of, but cant see how to get that off?

Ideas??:confused:

dh00001

Aug 11, 2009
check under the skuttle panel. remove the wiper arms and seal and it will come off. the pipe pushes onto the washer nozzle

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Take off the wiper caps
Undo the bolts to remove the wipers (you may have to fold them to get them to come away from the spindles)
Remove the black rubber strip that spans the width of the black plastic panel (skuttle panel).
Pull the skuttle panel towards you and upwards. It's attached by a groove under the windscreen. You will then find the pipe to the washers underneath the panel.

ScoobyJawa

Achtung!
Oct 2, 2002
Liphook
Visit site
It will be under the scuttle panel. Had this on mine. When the jets freeze (if the solution isn't strong enough) the force of the pressure from the pump pops off the connector as its only a push fit.....

dh00001

Aug 11, 2009
undo the bolts and close the bonnet. fold the arm so the wipers are sticking out. wiggle it back and forth whilst pulling.

McCann87

Mar 5, 2009
Middlesbrough
tried that!

Sprayed WD40 on it too to try and loosen it but still not budging

Gets serviced soon so might just get them to do it as theyre just not coming off!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.