Full link activation

Deleted member 123864

Okay Sorry what is FULL LINK ACTIVATION and what does it benefit over Android Auto.
I have it but do not use it whatever it does.
Full Link is what gives you the ability to use Android Auto on the head unit.

Jon Wright

Apr 17, 2020
OK, just an update, got full link installed yesterday, all good apart from few things, when tried to use mirror link with my new phone Samsung A71 said won't work as stopped on June 1st? Got android auto to work, also only recognises USB lead now and then, going to order another 1 from Samsung direct see if that helps, appreciate any advice or feedback, know I shouldn't complain as got fitted for free,

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Jul 31, 2020
Hi all!

I have just got a 2016 Leon, with full link option. I've been quoted £240 at one seat garage, 2 declined to even consider it! 2 other smaller garages, one was £379, and the other was £100!

The one for £100 also said for £30 he'd activate the rear parking sensors to display on the screen as they do not currently! (rear sensors only)

The car does have nav, but does this price seem to good to be true? Its a reputable company about a hour and half away!
Vw-retrofit in redditch, they seem to have very good reviews online!

Anyones opinion before I take it that far?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stevie1

Jul 21, 2019
Hi all!

I have just got a 2016 Leon, with full link option. I've been quoted £240 at one seat garage, 2 declined to even consider it! 2 other smaller garages, one was £379, and the other was £100!

The one for £100 also said for £30 he'd activate the rear parking sensors to display on the screen as they do not currently! (rear sensors only)

The car does have nav, but does this price seem to good to be true? Its a reputable company about a hour and half away!
Vw-retrofit in redditch, they seem to have very good reviews online!

Anyones opinion before I take it that far?

Seems like a really good price! I also have a 2016 Leon and I paid about £180 in total to get it activated as it needed an upgraded USB connector to allow Apple CarPlay to work. I have activated the option to display the sensors on my dash myself using Carista. That cost me about £20 to buy and I activated a couple of other things with is as well.

Jul 31, 2020
Seems like a really good price! I also have a 2016 Leon and I paid about £180 in total to get it activated as it needed an upgraded USB connector to allow Apple CarPlay to work. I have activated the option to display the sensors on my dash myself using Carista. That cost me about £20 to buy and I activated a couple of other things with is as well.
Oh okay, usb upgrade, is it recommended? I'll be using android auto but would faster USB help? Mine currently has USB and aux in Ash tray area.

Do the rear sensors only show rear once activated? Or both front and back? (my car only has back, my 63 plate one had both and displayed both, only recently bought this newer one non face lift)

Also what other things did you activate? I've just looked through and couldn't see anything it activated that mines missing!
Also would love to get the preformance monitor if it's an option on mine! (1.8tsi)

Thanks all

Stevie1

Jul 21, 2019
Oh okay, usb upgrade, is it recommended? I'll be using android auto but would faster USB help? Mine currently has USB and aux in Ash tray area.

Do the rear sensors only show rear once activated? Or both front and back? (my car only has back, my 63 plate one had both and displayed both, only recently bought this newer one non face lift)

Also what other things did you activate? I've just looked through and couldn't see anything it activated that mines missing!
Also would love to get the preformance monitor if it's an option on mine! (1.8tsi)

Thanks all

I’m not sure if it’s any faster to be honest, it apparently has a chip in it that allows it to work with Apple devices so yours should be fine if only using android. Mine has the USB and Aux in front of the gear stick in the dashboard.

Rear sensors show up once reverse is engaged. I only have the rear sensors as well so don’t know about front ones.

I activated one touch folding mirrors so you don’t have to hold in the lock button to make the mirrors fold in. Also activated needle sweep on the dials when the ignition is switched on. Only other minor change I’ve made to the car is upgrading the washer nozzles to the fan type ones.

Reactions: rmills55
Jul 31, 2020
I’m not sure if it’s any faster to be honest, it apparently has a chip in it that allows it to work with Apple devices so yours should be fine if only using android. Mine has the USB and Aux in front of the gear stick in the dashboard.

Rear sensors show up once reverse is engaged. I only have the rear sensors as well so don’t know about front ones.

I activated one touch folding mirrors so you don’t have to hold in the lock button to make the mirrors fold in. Also activated needle sweep on the dials when the ignition is switched on. Only other minor change I’ve made to the car is upgrading the washer nozzles to the fan type ones.
Okay thank you! Is your usb the same as this?
e5d5204a6bca4bc2647a71a681f5be49.jpg

Is it just pop that port out and connect new one? As my grandad occasionally uses car and he has iPhone!

I wish my mirrors went in on one lock press, hate holding it on this car and previous car!

The swooping gauge my polo gti use to do! This was great, nice little touch!

My jets are pretty useless, do you remember where you got your ones from as I can't find them?
Thank you

Jul 31, 2020
For carplay you need part number: 5G0035222E usb port

Sent from mobile
Okay thank you, do I need to buy the wire or just the port? I'm guessing I can just clip it straight out the front of the car?

Stevie1

Jul 21, 2019
Okay thank you! Is your usb the same as this?
e5d5204a6bca4bc2647a71a681f5be49.jpg

Is it just pop that port out and connect new one? As my grandad occasionally uses car and he has iPhone!

I wish my mirrors went in on one lock press, hate holding it on this car and previous car!

The swooping gauge my polo gti use to do! This was great, nice little touch!

My jets are pretty useless, do you remember where you got your ones from as I can't find them?
Thank you

Yes that’s the same location as my USB port. If I remember right I’m sure the dealer had to also fit a different connector to the end of the wire to make it fit onto the new USB connector. Here is a guide for the washer jets.....
I just bought them from my local Volkswagen dealer

Reactions: rmills55

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Okay thank you, do I need to buy the wire or just the port? I'm guessing I can just clip it straight out the front of the car?

If youe car MY at least 2016 no need wiring. But cars before 2016 need to change wiring.

Sent from mobile

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise