Got my car back (Big Turbo)

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
That's a lot of torque!!!

BHP seems low for that? Thought it should be 240 bhp and 350 lbft ish

High torque figure is not that hard to produce in a diesel you just max the injectors out too early ie low down in the rev range. You get a high torque reading but the car will smoke alot and not have as good a bhp/torque graph as it should. People don`t look at graphs though they just tend to look at figures and think higher is better. Diesel cars don`t have to smokey to have high power hopefully i have proved that with my last two cars.

C00PRA

i was thinking of taking my car to Allard when the warranty runs out.
they quoted 2500 pound for silicone hoses, phase 2 turbo upgrade, racing clutch big bore down pipe and remap.
does any one have any advice??
jabba quoted 2900

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Hello everyone,

Rash: thanks mate i'm enjoying it just got some HiD's to fit now and a "secret present" from my 2 bro's but we have to go to my bro's workshop later to ft it and will take about an hour and a half??? i'm trying to guess what it is but i havent got a clue lol hahaha.

right got back from jabba and devonmikeyboy was right my car smokes like a bitch on fire lol i have 3 hp lines on my graph....
before = 202.7hp & 433nm

in the middle = 223.8hp and 488nm

and the final one is 227.8hp and 477nm

so i'm not sure why nick told me they were in the 500's on torque to be honest the figures are a little dissapointing, but my god it goes and finally i beat my bro steve in his 260hp golf hahaha!!!

with regards to the smoke they said we can reduce the smoke but it will also reduce the power, so i said i will see how i feel in a week or two of cleaning it everyday haha. It was well worth the mony and i would reccomend the turbo to anyone. The exhaust sounds alot louder since this last re-map aswell and makes a funny burble noise when i'm changing gear at high revvs my brothers even said it could be mistaken for a pop :D which i was well chuffed with haha.

Next few performance mods on the list now are propane injection, LSD and big brakes hopefully will all be done in next 2-3months brakes are already sorted just waiting for steves porshe brakes to come in them will have his straight away should be in any day now. Then the propane will be next to try and reduce the smoke then the lsd which i belive will be he last performance mod to go on the car untill they design something new to improve the power even more other than a bigger turbo. I'm told the lsd is truely amazing and helps with handleing ALOT so looking forward to that. With regards to cosmetics Seat or should i say sheat have sent me a rear bumper spoiler instead of the boot spoiler so that mod has been delayed another few days. I have the cupra headlining and handles and things(thanks Gaz) just waiting on yet again Sheat who promised the pillars in black would be in today but they aren't , then i'm looking at getting some leon cupra alloys and some sideskirts then i'm finished!!!

let me kow what you think about the figures should i feel dissapointed?? i was really really hopeing for 230something dunno if i was dreaming but i thought it would be possible i know its only 2.2 bhp from that but still...

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Power figs arent that important mate, its how it feels on the road that counts! :D From the sound of it your're fairly happy! :D

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Agree with dozza, if it beats the golf i'd be chuffed!! :D

thanks mate, its till quite close because i change gear and he keeps going but now i have enough power to just pull past him then by the time i have changed he hasn't got level then i pull away a bit again, his car is still bloody fast though haha!! andhis car sounds amazing it was banging right next to my ear off of roundabouts sounded sooo nice!!

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
he he this is making me so keen t get to allards with mine lol, yeah it may be expensive.... but seems worth every penny! im traveling 230ish miles staying over in a hotel so hopefuly they will have no probs and be done in no time lol. then al come straight on here n tell all to you lads...

AvRS

Nov 3, 2005
Milton Keynes
Happy b'day mate, can see you had a good day out at Jabba. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll be running similar power to you as APS said they're happy to re look at my remap once I have the FMIC fitted and said 220-230 is a realistic figure to aim for. Allard quote on their site upto 224bhp from the stage 3 so am guessing it won't be far off that.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
228 bhp and 351 lb torque are good figures. Your car might make + - 5% on another dyno. Car is bound to smoke like hell with 351lb torque. If Mike lowered the duty cycle on the injectors lower down in the rev range you might loose a couple bhp and get a more sensible torque number and have a car that doesn`t smoke so bad. Sorry but tuned diesel cars that smoke really badly give diesel tuning a bad rep and gives people good reason to laugh and point at a tuned diesel car. People will not be looking at or noticing how fast you are going but the smog trail you are leaving behind.:(

@Sooty 22 When are you booked into Allard's as i might pop up and be my normal annoying piss taking self.:whistle:

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
228 bhp and 351 lb torque are good figures. Your car might make + - 5% on another dyno. Car is bound to smoke like hell with 351lb torque. If Mike lowered the duty cycle on the injectors lower down in the rev range you might loose a couple bhp and get a more sensible torque number and have a car that doesn`t smoke so bad. Sorry but tuned diesel cars that smoke really badly give diesel tuning a bad rep and gives people good reason to laugh and point at a tuned diesel car. People will not be looking at or noticing how fast you are going but the smog trail you are leaving behind.:(

@Sooty 22 When are you booked into Allard's as i might pop up and be my normal annoying piss taking self.:whistle:

i do agree with what your saying mate, its just trying to find a compromise where it doesn't smoke as much but still has good performance, but ultimatly thats down to the mapper i may be popping back down there to ask them to have a play around with it see if they can get close to those figures without silly ammounts of smoke but if having black smoke gets you another 10bhp and 10lb/ft of torque then is it worth it or not?? i suppose that is down to the individual but i think if i got it toned down a bit and i was racing someone and they just had the edge i would be thinkin dam if only i still had that 10hp and 10 lb/ft ? or on the 1/4mile how much difference does that loss make?

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
pm sent devonmikeyboy,

I would prefer to see a little less smoke than a couple of horses i think as it would just be embarasing, my mates already take the pi$$ at mine now and hardley smokes at all lol...
ion the 1/4 mile thing i ran a 153 at pod hoping to get a lot lower in a couple of weeks, just as a matterof interest how long did your conversion take mikey_H? i mean withought the tweeking of the map?