Guide:- Removing Secondary Air Injection

ian_cupra

still got the valve plugged in, got the resistors to get rid of it, just havent got around to it,

cc-3 yeah, you going jbs04?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
still got the valve plugged in, got the resistors to get rid of it, just havent got around to it,

cc-3 yeah, you going jbs04?

Kind of, i think im going to be the guinea pig for the CR turbos k03 hybrid unless Danny_Lad has his made up pretty sharpish.

Reactions: Sandman

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
I've removed my pump but I keep getting a fault code and the engine management light on! I can clear it and it'll go away for about a month, then it comes back again and needs clearing again!

Have people removed the pump and not had the EML come on at all?

I haven't fitted a resistor yet so I need to buy one and sort that I guess

cuprachrissy

have you blanked up the hole with a plate? i know a lot of people who havent even put resistors in and never had a fault code,... including me.

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
Not yet, only just started it really and removed the pump for now! Wasnt going to rip it all out incase I'd keep on getting a code coming up

I'll buy a blanking plate and see how I get on, was just worried the some threads on this have people with problems and wasnt sure of how many were fine

cheers

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
Hi All

Ok i've now removed the valve and the pump and have put in the forge backing plate as you can see below.

Just got a couple of questions though, on the sensors circled below what should I do with them...... just block off the ends or do they need to run somewhere?

At the moment i've just taped them off! The pipe from the valve obviously was going to the one I'm holding up in the picture with my hand

Havent got vag com at the moment, will do in a weeks time. The code i was getting before was incorrect air flow at the SAI! really want the engine light to not be coming on every month or so

anyway, pics below

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

Sensors.jpg

modified_nutter

Has anyone got the answer for the above question please?

EZ Tutty

Nov 21, 2006
Derby
www.eztutty.co.uk
them sensors are actually the N112 & N249 valves (if you search you'll find plenty of removal guides), you can just leave them as they are, with nothing connected.

however if you want to remove them, simply solder a 330ohm 10watt resistor in place of each of them (1 resistor per valve), you should also do this with the secondary air injection pump connection.

the SAI Incorrect Flow fault you were getting can actually be caused by the N112 valve (as this is the valve which used to activate the combi valve for the SAI)

Last edited:

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
Thought I'd bring this one back to the top as my resistors arrived in the post today

I started getting the Incorrect Air Flow at SAI ages ago, think it was due to the N112 melting after it slipped down the back of the engine!

anyway, removed the SAI and used a blanking plate where the valve was, was still getting the incorrect airflow code so I ordered the resistors

in the meantime I disconnected the N112, now the interesting thing was that since disconnecting the plug to the N112 I now just get one code. The code is saying that its an open circuit to the N112, which there obviously is because the N112 is in my tool box and the plug isnt attached to anything

No code at all for incorrect airflow! before I was getting the airflow code every 2 days really

really hoping that tomorrow when I use the resistors I'll no longer get any codes or EML coming up

now the question is, the line that did go to the N112, circled in blue below. Shall I now remove this bit of tubing for now and block the end where the join is so there is no more excess hose in place doing nothing. Obviously a yes I guess!
The other part circled is the plug I'm about to put the resistor into

will report back on how things go after the resistors are fitted

IMG_15192.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
Removed the excess bit of pipe and fitted a resistor, just 1 to where the N112 should have been for now.

Cleared the fault code and been for a few drives today, over an hours driving and no fault codes at all!
guess the main test will be a cold start to see what happens but so far it looks quite promising!

left it to idle for a good few minutes at various times and no EML or errors

iceeddie

can this be done with out bypassing the n245 valve, I'm getting the secondary air system error. can anyone point me to a guide just for the SAI

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
Sorry for digging up an old thread.

To Clarify....

Remove SAI
Fit blanking plate
Remove N249 and N112
Fit 3x 330ohm 10w Resistors in the place of the 3 above valves
Remove all the 'junk' related to all the above valves
Re-check all remaining vacuum pipes for breaks

(Solder +ive on 1 end of resistor and -ive onto the other (Think of extending wires and move from bulk head heat)

If all this done, you should have 1 Fault code and NO EML?

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Thought i would dig this one up rather than start a new more pointless post.

My SAI has been getting louder recently on cold starts. and im getting the sai incorect flow code every so often so im looking at removing it all.

Ive got the resistors and everything from where i done my n249. ive had a look and i cant for the life of me find any electrical plug for the sai system though ive got a feeling its staring me in the face and im being blind.

Where is it.??? :confused:

Dempsey27

i ve got the epc light on and the code p1433 and it says its the sai

any ideas what it could be ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.