Guide to LCR 210/225 differences

Stan 24v

Apr 7, 2007
Blackpool
Cant see any mention of suspension. Im lead to believe the LCR has S3 fronts, MKIV rears, and the LC MKIV all round. Correct??

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Yes you're right - the LCR has the TT/S3 front subframe and suspension, the rear is essentially the same, although there was some guff at launch about it having a dynamic mounting concept, or something.

How, ever this thread is about the differences between the 210/225 LCR, NOT the LC and LCR :D

speedstar

i have just bought a seat leon cupra R 210 could anyone tell me what they think the best car is 225 or 210 and could anyone tell me the performance figures for the 210. i am putting my car in on wed to get mapped first stage revo, i would also like to know the performance figures for my 210 when mapped (revo first stage) BHP. tor. speed. 0 60 and all that.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
i have just bought a seat leon cupra R 210 could anyone tell me what they think the best car is 225 or 210 and could anyone tell me the performance figures for the 210. i am putting my car in on wed to get mapped first stage revo, i would also like to know the performance figures for my 210 when mapped (revo first stage) BHP. tor. speed. 0 60 and all that.

A search and a good read will answer all your questions. :)

b_wain

Dec 28, 2007
just wondering i have an 04 LCR and it was mentioned that soem came standard with a tracker fitted. Could mine maybe have one and i dont know about it?

Stubbo

Nov 8, 2007
Stoke on Trent
Maybe so

I was look at the handbook for me car last night and found some paperwork for a tracker so rang them up and yes me car as got a tracker cost me £18 to transfer it over to me and £350 for a life time subsciption.

If i was you just ring tracker 01895234567 and ask them all you need is your chassis number.

Deleted member 20376

Maybe so

I was look at the handbook for me car last night and found some paperwork for a tracker so rang them up and yes me car as got a tracker cost me £18 to transfer it over to me and £350 for a life time subsciption.

If i was you just ring tracker 01895234567 and ask them all you need is your chassis number.

lucky buga mines a 55reg no tracker :cry:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Maybe so

Interestingly most of the people who had trackers as std were so appauled by the lack of any saving on insurance premiums they didn't bother shelling out for tracker renewal.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
What about LC's? Did they get it?

This thread is about the LCR.........but the answer is no

Andy_J said:
lucky buga mines a 55reg no tracker
did they not come on a 55 plate? I have a 54, will i have one? lol

The spec's changed a lot on the 05/55 cars in an effort to shift the last of them

They reduced the cost, removed the 6CD player etc etc

Why would you want a tracker of it doesn't benefit your insurance?

swf7y

Nope, I think you've got it spot on.

APY was the early S3 engine (210), followed by the "Facelift" engine (there was a facelifted S3) which was the AMK, later a further engine, the BAM was introduced. There seems to be a few other differences between the APY and the later engines - it seems mostly emissions stuff, extra lambda sensors, a change from the K04-20 to the K04-23 (which is essentially the same, but has an extra sensor) and the switch from Mechanical to Hydraulic/electrical VVT actuation all related to control, and perhaps larger injectors on the AMK/BAM. It seems the ECU changed to the me7.5 on the AMK/BAM

So, it seems there's no fundamental difference between the AMK and BAM engines :shrug:

So would I be able to fit a BAM engine in my originally AMK LCR? My ECU is the 210 one but is revo'd stage 1. Will this be a problem?

My engine is completely knackered after a cambelt snap. :censored: Valve has gone straight into the piston, also the spark plug was broken. I dont have any pics of the damage at the moment but will put some up asap.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Not sure, I would guess....

...you might be able to.

I read somewhere the ECU is actually the same, but the code is different, so you could get the 225 code on your 210 ECU - best talk to a Revo dealer first.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
There were a few changes on the '05 (Sept 2005) cars:

'05, I assume means MY05?

If so, September 2005 cars are MY06.

The MY's run a bit strange, from July to June each year. For example, there are 02 reg'd MY03 Leon Cupras out there, they were registered in July or August 02. My Ibiza Cupra is an MY05 car, but registered in July 04.

It can all be identified in the chassis number - VSSZZZ1MZ5R****** - those 5 digits mean its a Leon (1M), built in MY05 (5) at Martorell (R). The Z's in the VIN don't mean anything.

swf7y

Not sure, I would guess....

...you might be able to.

I read somewhere the ECU is actually the same, but the code is different, so you could get the 225 code on your 210 ECU - best talk to a Revo dealer first.

Spoke to a Revo dealer and he confirmed Bam is a straight swap for AMK engine. Apparently both ECU's are the same too and both remap to same spec. So Im in the hunt for an engine now!!!

If anyone comes accross a BAM or AMK please let me know.

Thanks for all the advice.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
did they not come on a 55 plate? I have a 54, will i have one? lol

The LCR225 I bought in November 2003 had a Tracker Horizon on it as part of the deal. I later found out that it wasn't much use as until I knew the car had been stolen it would not be activated. I assumed it would have been activates as soon as the alarm went off.

Then in 2004 they offered a SmartNav on some LCR's. I'm not sure about the detail on this as I didn't have one.

In late 2004 through to mid 2005 you got a day at Prodrive, Warwickshire (SEAT driver training day with Seat Cupra Championship drivers - I had Alan Blencowe!), 2 tickets to a BTCC meet with VIP, and 2 SEAT jackets.

I'm not aware of any other deals. After that the prices just dropped to clear the run out.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members