H3 led fogs

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
FriMar05201839GMT2010.jpg

Andrew what kind of number plate bulbs do you have and where did u get them. They look really white, bright and cool as fcuk.

Mine look like that, any 39mm festoon led will give the same look.

Amjad

Oct 26, 2010
Cardiff/Southampton Uni
Your problem is that LEDS have a single polarity.

Invert the wires and it will work. May not be easy to pull out the terminals from the socket. If you are struggling just cut them wires and patch them again.

Some Leons have the plugs with inverted cables. But Leds wont work on all.

So you swop the wires and you will have them working. ;)

Warning :

Don´t expect to see **** with these... theyre just for posing... Even less light that the Normal LED in the headlights thanks to the fat lense ...

Mine :
img0269al4.jpg

I recently tried fitting these H3 LEDs into my LC, and they didn't work :(

Yes, I did clip them into the housing for the earth to function.

Would I be okay to just invert the power wires as it says in the quote above?
If I remember correctly, it looked a bit fiddly if I was to get the wires out from the connections, so can I just cut and solder the wires around? :confused:

Thanks

Amjad

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
well I don't understand?!

these are the ones I HAD (now HID ;))

h3_1wled1.jpg

DSC09619.jpg

even when connect to the fog light unit, unless it was clipped into place then it would not work! almost as if the metal body of the LED bulb WAS the ground! (well thats what I assumed!)

so make sure your LED bulb is actually FITTED into place, rather than being connected up to quickly see if it works if you see what I mean?!

Just thought i'd say that your front looks smart as fook!!! Love the Angel Eyes with the HID-fogs.... :D

I was looking at LED fogs after last weeks bout of thick stuff but after reading this thread i don't think i will. I don't wanna be classed as a 'poser' ;) it may be something to do later on though.

Good thread everyone. :)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Just thought i'd say that your front looks smart as fook!!! Love the Angel Eyes with the HID-fogs.... :D

I was looking at LED fogs after last weeks bout of thick stuff but after reading this thread i don't think i will. I don't wanna be classed as a 'poser' ;) it may be something to do later on though.

Good thread everyone. :)

cheers mate :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.