Had the Tdi on the rollers today

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Went along to a PGAC rolling road day over at SW auto's in Headcorn. There were some pretty good 106's up there and i chucked the Tdi on for a laugh.

Quite chuffed, it done three runs with the all three comig out pretty much the same. Best run got 186.1Bhp @ 3813 rpm and 330lb/ft Torque @ 2198 rpm. Came 3rd on Bhp overall and 2nd on torque. The only one who beat me on torque was my mates TVR.

Bit gutted though as the owner Stu did'nt get to take his 800bhp Volvo 850r on the rollers as the camber was too negative or something, but still it sounded nice.

I was happy though, and Stu said for a 130 tdi it was a good un, reckons could have seen more on the Bhp if it was custom mapped to take into account the intercooler.

You should have seen the smoke though, it was brilliant. Left with a little smile on my face, I'lll post the graph tomorrow when at work so the techies can tell me if its a good plot.

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
torque does seem v v high! clutch won't last long if thats the real output.

but doesn't matter, sorry to doubt.

bhp sounds good, nice one! gotta be happy.

really want mine to get on one,

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
nice figures ant

Hopefully similar to what mine is puttin out...

Waiting for JBS to sort there rollers out......?

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Fez boy said:
That's more Torque than my Allards coversion :D

P.s when you fitting the new clutch :cartman:

Yeah i was shocked, Stu the guy who was doing the RR just sat there in the car with a hug grin saying blimey!

Thing is i have no problems at all with the clutch, but then i do drive using my gears, i am not one for sitting in a high gear and using the torque , i prefer to dro down and go. Will post the graph this afternoon.