have we got a wheels thread.....

if not, lets start one ! i'm considering a new set for mine - or I get the current ones refurbished. I'll either go down the route of pro race 1.2 or speedline turinis, i'll either go for anthracite, white or silver ...... not to keen on the black. Or i might go up a size to 19' and go for some replicas or the new cupra r wheels.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
not sure what the name of the wheels I have, some body my be able to tell me, the car is a leon fr550 with 18" wheel very nice and so easy to clean you can get your hand all the way inside the wheel.
Don't know if I would go for 19" far to easy to curb, son- inlaws civic r type 19" alloys all curbed within 1 month.

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
I always like to keep the "VAG OEM" look.
That's why I have 8.5 x 18" Audi A8 Parabols for summer use. They really fill the arches.
FinsChrome09036.jpg

FinsChrome09037.jpg

I also like the BBS range, but can be pricey.

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
Was thinking the same, probably go anthracite maybe with the red stripe around the edge of the rim, BBS's ck looking good on the mkll.

n_olympios

greek member
Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
Having looked at buying new wheels and tyres, I'm gonna go down the refurb path as I quite like the standard wheels and funnily enough the aftermarket wheels I like are quite similar, a local company will refurb including tyres off, shotblasting, powder coating and re-balancing all done in a day, for £45 to £60 a wheel depending on finish with gloss black and anthracite coming in cheapest!!

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
I nearly went for the LV5 before getting CKs a while back - nice wheel.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.