Help after dealers door seal repair...............

Wheely

Nov 19, 2003
The Sou' West
Visit site
Peeps,

Recently my car went into friendly dealership for warranty door seal fixing (whats new I hear you ask).

However yesterday I noticed that on a 4 doors, they have made cut-outs underneath all door drain holes on the rubber drainage strip (the piece of rubber at the bottom of the door that diverts the water runoff backwards).

I have never known or heard of this as being part of the repair, and also noticed that although car dry, when I opened the door recently, it dripped straight down onto the door step trim.

Can anyone else confirm this is a standard Seat repair ??? or whether some tech got a bit handy with a stanley knife !!!! I dont think this is right somehow.

Cheers

MARK.

Balf2k

Jul 5, 2006
South East Kent
I was told at Hollis Motors (Seat main dealership in Kent) to do the exact same thing by one of the 'technicians' after my warranty had run out. He said just use a razor / stanley knife blade and trim the seal around the drain holes, he said when the door is shut it folds the seal onto itself and so can't let the water drain.... until you open the door.

Gnollins

Bosh!
Jul 24, 2006
Yarnton, Oxfordshire
My driver's side door has always done that, water drips on to the door step when I open it after it has been raining. I thought it was annoying but normal?

Doesn't drain into the car so never bothered me.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.