Help buying cupra R

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
Yeah I've seen that but the description puts me off, best cupra R in the UK ever apparently

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
I'd be a bit worried about it being remapped to 260 with nothing else being uprated, check out Vedere cars they seem to have a nice one up.

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
I didn't see that bit lol. I wouldn't worry about nothing else being uprated as they don't need it. My car has same remap with only an uprated turbo inlet pipe and cone filter which was for performance reasons only. The clutches are ok on oem clutch even when having a stage 1 remap. Brakes are excellent as they have brembo 4 pots. Suspension might need some bushes replacing due to age but that's it.

Last edited:

B-Jeffers

Oct 22, 2014
Hi guys,

I am also looking to buy a MK1 LCR and joined this forum yesterday (which has to be said is very helpful!) I've never owned a Seat, I've always been on the ford scene with RS's and cosworths etc but it's time for a change! I must admit I'm pretty nervous about buying a LCR as a) I know nothing about them and b) the worry of buying a bad one. I'm so undecided if I should buy a standard one or a modded one? There is an Onvi yellow one in the for sale area for £4750 which I am considering as I just missed out on a very similar red one! Hopefully I'll be taken out of the market soon and look forward to my LCR experience!

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
That does look nice but seems alot of wear on gearstick and steering wheel for that mileage? Def do a mileage check on it.

The ware looks ok. It's suspose to be red and most is still on there. My car has same mileage as the red is much more worn off and my mileage is genuine.

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
The ware looks ok. It's suspose to be red and most is still on there. My car has same mileage as the red is much more worn off and my mileage is genuine.

The wheels black with red stitching the reds underneath. Mines on 75k now and is nowhere near as bad as that and my gearstick only has a tiny amount of wear on it. Still worth checking national mileage register.

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Hi guys,

I am also looking to buy a MK1 LCR and joined this forum yesterday (which has to be said is very helpful!) I've never owned a Seat, I've always been on the ford scene with RS's and cosworths etc but it's time for a change! I must admit I'm pretty nervous about buying a LCR as a) I know nothing about them and b) the worry of buying a bad one. I'm so undecided if I should buy a standard one or a modded one? There is an Onvi yellow one in the for sale area for £4750 which I am considering as I just missed out on a very similar red one! Hopefully I'll be taken out of the market soon and look forward to my LCR experience!

There awesome cars mate you wont be dissapointed. If its been modded properly and the best parts used theres nothing wrong with a modded one.Aslomg as it hasnt been abused. I wanted a standard one toavoid this risk and I can mod it how I want to.

B-Jeffers

Oct 22, 2014
They do look awesome mate I must admit! Im defiantly open minded in buying either a modded or standard one so we shall see what is in store!

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
That does look nice but seems alot of wear on gearstick and steering wheel for that mileage? Def do a mileage check on it.

Definitely check mileage but my car has bearly any red on gear knob and hardy any left on the steering wheel and has done same mileage as this car so expect some of the red to have worn off. Start stop journeys will wear the red of the gear knob if your constantly changing gear.

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
I just want my cupra R right now. Lol I'm going to throw my toys out the pram soon. There's a nice black one that looks legit about 30 miles away, but really I'm after a grey one. And I know I'll just regret it. But then again I've always wanted to stealth black car. Garrrr

Last edited:

Pablo225

Nov 21, 2013
I know you said you want to use a dealer but if there is any way around that I would sell private and buy a properly modified one if I were you...

Pablo225

Nov 21, 2013
Hi guys,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-LEON...2741443?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27eef4be43

decent

cupra225

Sep 4, 2014
That Monaco dealer seems sneaky to me thats the first one I looked at it was on Autotrader at 4500. But when I looked on ebay he had two, exact same pics other than the ones on the inside in exactly the same place on the same roads etc but one was a 2003 and one was a 2005 both stating cupra r but we're exact same price...and they had the Monaco number plates on,but one was sold but still on ebay,so all that was going through my head was, are the pics on the 2003 the ones from the 2005 model, until you get there and it looks like **** and nothing like the pics,,,,when I picked mine up, i test drove it and it seemed great, no noises, no smells, aged about the leaks,and drove great, until two days later the air freshener wore off,the gearbox crunched in third which I now know is cheap to fix and the lower arms started squeaking,but had loads of service stamps and loads of receipts..just fell for the im getting a company car bullshite,

Spirit Furtive

Nov 20, 2010
Oxfordshire
Definitely check mileage but my car has bearly any red on gear knob and hardy any left on the steering wheel and has done same mileage as this car so expect some of the red to have worn off. Start stop journeys will wear the red of the gear knob if your constantly changing gear.

You know the gear stick and steering wheel are supposed to be black right? The red is where the black has worn off.

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
Really? I was beginning to think that if it was all black that all the red had worn away haha? Are you serious

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
You know the gear stick and steering wheel are supposed to be black right? The red is where the black has worn off.

Really?? I didn't realise that!! Does that mean my head knob and steering wheel aren't worn much at all then as hardly any red is showing? Great news then.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.