help needed gear gaiter

reedbradshaw

Spireite till i die
Oct 6, 2006
chesterfield
heyup lads, i know its prob been done to death but *** tried a search and have found nothing, i just bought a gear gaitor a alluminium one - how do i remove the old one and replace it with the new one :shrug: :confused: please reply Reed

reedbradshaw

Spireite till i die
Oct 6, 2006
chesterfield
dont matter now lads, *** done it in about 5 minutes of swearing, amazed at what a difference it makes to the interior im definatly getting the vents now in alluminuim!

reedbradshaw

Spireite till i die
Oct 6, 2006
chesterfield
i didnt even have to remove gear knob, heres step by step how i did it its very easy

the bit closest to the dash pull that up and back towards you - it comes off easily,

then price the other bit off as well - this is a little more tricky but it will come off.

not the gaiter is lose, pull it up and fold the leather part over the gear knob so you can see what your working on, the flat bit, the closest to the dash just slides off but you need to push it really hard ( mine flew accross car when it come lose ) the rounded bit needs some persuasion, i didnt use the "special tool" i *** prised it away wioth a butter knife, then just click the new gaitor on and clip it back in to place, it really is very easy and is a mint mod imo :p NO FEAR lol