Help needed on induction kit for cupra r 225

davo_turbo

Feb 9, 2009
hey peeps im new to the seat scene.....

Need abit of help!!!...

i want an induction kit for my cupra r 225.....

whats the best on the market at the moment not really botherd about price.

i have owned 2 golf anniversarys 1.8t and the induction kit i got 4 them was the carbonio one that sits at the bottom of the chasis leg.
but im not sure if you can get them for my cupra...

if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great help.

thanks

mark

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
hi mate im running a 57i k&n with twin alloy flexy intakes to the nose of the k&N ,gives the lcr a nice dump valve woosh threw echoing threw the air intake,remove the boonet sound insulation,this will make it 20% louder and enable you to hear the d/v in & out of the cockpit! K&N is about £ 75 flexi pipe is £20 from halfords!! if you need some photos just email me!!! some people will tell you to make the standard air box smoother and a bigger air intake and to replace the air element,but when i remapped my lcr the my standard air box held the car back by 10bhp,(thats inculding a green cotton replacement air filtter)by fiiting a K&n 57i i gained 10 bhp. just make sure you get as much cold air to it as posssible.......
after the remap with the k&n the dv sound was sweet,suttle,puts a smile on your face...
other people on here will tell you diffrent,but thats what worked for me !!!!

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Dynatwist with 80mm hose and an enlarged grille intake works well. That said, you could save your money for something else and smooth out your air box and plumb in a 100mm insulated flexi-hose - bit of a pain of a job, but there is a limit to how much flow you can get into the car anyway. Take some of the restrictive pipework away behind the nearside headlight and you will be on to a winner for a start.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise