HID ballast - water bottle removal?

bozwellox

Jazz Maveric
Jan 8, 2007
Oxford
Sounds like a good solution so long as there's no risc of damaging it if you accidently over fill your washer fluid? Is there a nice out of the way place on the nr side to match?

If you take off the plastic headlight cover on the passenger side there is a shelf underneath it that the ballast fits nicely on, I just secured it with a double sided sticky tab. Once the headlight cover is back on you can't see the ballast at all and it should be pretty well protected from road muck etc.

CRAIGLCR

THE DADDY!!!!!
Nov 14, 2005
STOKE ON TRENT
If you take off the plastic headlight cover on the passenger side there is a shelf underneath it that the ballast fits nicely on, I just secured it with a double sided sticky tab. Once the headlight cover is back on you can't see the ballast at all and it should be pretty well protected from road muck etc.

cool good spot!!!;)

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach

I don’t know the spec of your car and weather you have other cold air ducting but (I may have mis-read) it sounds like you have put your ballast in the manufactures cold air scoop! ? :blink:

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
There is no need whatsoever to remove the water bottle.

Bind 2 tie-wraps together, go round the bottle.

Glue the ballast on the Waterbottle and use the tie-wraps just to hold it in place.

bozwellox

Jazz Maveric
Jan 8, 2007
Oxford
There is no need whatsoever to remove the water bottle.

Bind 2 tie-wraps together, go round the bottle.

Glue the ballast on the Waterbottle and use the tie-wraps just to hold it in place.

Agreed, there is no NEED to remove the water bottle. However if you want the bottle to be nicely hidden away for that OEM engine bay look then people may not want zip-ties wrapped around their water bottle! :shrug: This is just another option.

You do need to remove the washer bottle if you want the ballast completely hidden, it's not difficult to remove the washer bottle but if i was you i'd do it when the bottle is empty. IIRC there is just 2 bolts that hole it in and then you can wiggle it out. The motor is push fit in the bottle so all you have to do is pull it out, i did this with a full washer bottle which is why i recommend doing it with an empty bottle ;)

bozwellox

Jazz Maveric
Jan 8, 2007
Oxford
You do need to remove the washer bottle if you want the ballast completely hidden, it's not difficult to remove the washer bottle but if i was you i'd do it when the bottle is empty. IIRC there is just 2 bolts that hole it in and then you can wiggle it out. The motor is push fit in the bottle so all you have to do is pull it out, i did this with a full washer bottle which is why i recommend doing it with an empty bottle ;)

Not a problem - my car has been beeping at me for the last week or so nagging me to fill it up! I'll give it a go.

CRAIGLCR

THE DADDY!!!!!
Nov 14, 2005
STOKE ON TRENT

LMAO as if you did it with a full water bottle!!!:p

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members