HIDS4U Installation H4

immersion

Auto emoción
Nov 1, 2008
Ireland
Hey i just recieved my 35w proplus 6000k Hids from HIDS4U.co.uk everything seems normal except i dont think they will work you get a adapter so the ballast with connect to the existing bulb plug this is inside the light housing how am i suppose to fit this massive converter in there? then run the wire out to the ballast in the engine bay! its says in the book you only have to drill one hole! but thats for different wires

If anyone has installed this kit on there H4 Ibiza or Leon can you shed some light everyone says the kits are pretty good :shrug:

Ive searched and cannot find this kit with install pics

Thanks in Advance!

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
My thread p4 pal. The instructions in the kit explain it pretty well if i remember rightly! I think it was a 20mm cutter you needed to cut a hole in the back of the black cover that clips on the back of the headlight unit! The wires have a black rubber grommit that fits nicely in this hole.

Last edited:

immersion

Auto emoción
Nov 1, 2008
Ireland
My thread p4 pal. The instructions in the kit explain it pretty well if i remember rightly! I think it was a 20mm cutter you needed to cut a hole in the back of the black cover that clips on the back of the headlight unit! The wires have a black rubber grommit that fits nicely in this hole.

I did not get wires with a rubber gromit! i have mailed them as it differs from the instructions this is what i recieved see the H4 adapter on the far right hows that suppose to work like! :cartman:

hidskit.jpg

You will ned to drill a large ish hole in the back of the removable cover so that the rubber grommet fits snug, it may look daunting but its easy ish.

p.s. How many Irishman does it take to change a lightbulb?

EDIT: just seen your post (i took a while to type that one) you will need to drill a hole in the back cover to get the cabling through and find some way of sealing it up, try a electrical whole saler who may be able to help.

Last edited:

immersion

Auto emoción
Nov 1, 2008
Ireland
You will ned to drill a large ish hole in the back of the removable cover so that the rubber grommet fits snug, it may look daunting but its easy ish.

EDIT: just seen your post (i took a while to type that one) you will need to drill a hole in the back cover to get the cabling through and find some way of sealing it up, try a electrical whole saler who may be able to help.

the face there not rubber gromits at all pisses me off abit! the kit was open in the package and the H4 wiring adapter was seperate in a white envelope! i think parts may have been removed it just doesnt look like it will fit at all! i mean look at the size of connecter at the back of the Hid bulb theres not way that will fit in the housing!

You can buy grommits from BnQ, Homebase etc I think!

immersion

Auto emoción
Nov 1, 2008
Ireland

the fact there not rubber gromits at all pisses me off abit! the kit was open in the package and the H4 wiring adapter was seperate in a white envelope! i think parts may have been removed it just doesnt look like it will fit at all! i mean look at the size of connecter at the back of the Hid bulb theres not way that will fit in the housing!

Looking to be not so easy!

You can buy grommits from BnQ, Homebase etc I think!

Will do as last resort if they dont come up with a solution!

Last edited:

immersion

Auto emoción
Nov 1, 2008
Ireland
Looks like i gotta cut a slit at the bottom of the lamp cover to feed the cables threw then use silicone or something to block up hole will be messy but its at the bottom so you wont see it thank god [:@]

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
When I did mine on my old polo (H4) and mk3 ibiza, I was able to stuff everything inside the light cluster and just have the ballest outside. The rectangle box thing should fit under the reflector. Its a bit tight, but should all go in.

immersion

Auto emoción
Nov 1, 2008
Ireland
When I did mine on my old polo (H4) and mk3 ibiza, I was able to stuff everything inside the light cluster and just have the ballest outside. The rectangle box thing should fit under the reflector. Its a bit tight, but should all go in.

Il give it a try mate not liking the rectangle box covered in chinese writing looks like its waiting to go on fire!

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
Yea, I wasnt too sure about that box either! Just take your time when fitting, and put aside a good few hours to get the job done. You will get annoyed with it if your anything like me (and im normaly prety good about these things). That said you should have a LOT more room with your engine. Good luck.

immersion

Auto emoción
Nov 1, 2008
Ireland
Yea, I wasnt too sure about that box either! Just take your time when fitting, and put aside a good few hours to get the job done. You will get annoyed with it if your anything like me (and im normaly prety good about these things). That said you should have a LOT more room with your engine. Good luck.

Thanks il take it nice and slow! Only good thing about owning a 1.2 plenty of room in the engine bay that and been economical to run and insure for us under 25's!

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
True - but my 130TDi is only an extra £45 to insure from my 1.4 ibiza, and its cheeper to tax too. Also its a lot better with fuel:D And the best part is that it makes me smile when I put my foot down:happy:

immersion

Auto emoción
Nov 1, 2008
Ireland
True - but my 130TDi is only an extra £45 to insure from my 1.4 ibiza, and its cheeper to tax too. Also its a lot better with fuel:D And the best part is that it makes me smile when I put my foot down:happy:

Nice wish Ireland was the same its a complete rip off!

I just got them installed only had to cut out a tiny square out of the bottom of the light cover well impressed with difference in light will post pics up!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
just off to fit mine - h1 though so a lot easier

nice looking kit that - need one H4 style for the hotrod

Suze

VW (now skoda) queen
May 8, 2007
Ireland
the kit was open in the package and the H4 wiring adapter was seperate in a white envelope!

My H4 kit came the same way. Haven't tried fitting it yet though. I got the H1's for my Mk4 Golf from HIDs4u though and I've had no problems with them.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.