How do i fit a boost Gauge

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
Hi All

i am after fitting a boot gauge and have read various threads talking about fiting a vacuum hose to the Intercooler pipe but i dont have an intercooler and was wondering if i still can and if so how?

cheers for the help in advance

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Looking from the front, standing looking at the engine bay, the coolant bottle is on the left had side, and the intercooler pipe runs right next to it from the bulkhead towards the front of the car, then goes down towards the front of the drivers side wheelarch.

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
this should help mate i used this pipe

S7001138-1.jpg

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
You have to take the intercooler pipework off Andy and drill a hole through, then tap a nipple into it so you can connect the boost gauge. It's not just a plug and play thing. Then you have to find a way for the boost pipe to get into the cabin from the engine bay and feed it all through....

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
Bought these today.....

i intended to buy one but as they were overcharging me (the manager) the guy at the desk told me to take two lol

so if anyone needs one give me a shout

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG0.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
Are you going to make a guide when you do this? I have a boost guage fitment on my EGR race pipe, just need a guage and the know how to plumb it through the firewall and then to plumb the guage power cables up.

A guide would be cracking :)

:blink:

have you read my threads lol]

i will try and do a guide but i cant promise anything as im not 100% what im doing :shrug:

watch this space

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
:blink:

have you read my threads lol]

i will try and do a guide but i cant promise anything as im not 100% what im doing :shrug:

watch this space

lol - its all good fun.

I think the guage wires goto the headlight knob, then feed the boost pipe up through back of dash into a spare grommit to intercooler hose.

What guage/pod you going for?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.