How do you replace the front side grill?

TDiCupraChris

You have been dieseled!!!
Oct 19, 2008
Bournemouth
Hi Guys
I need to replace one of my front side grills, how do you go about doing this, does the whole front bumper have to come off or is there another way?
Here is a pic showing the one I need to replace, the small plastic grill that is next to the head light, in between the centre grill and head light, I haven't got a front picture of my car yet, so I used a differant pic just to illustrate.
Many Thanks
Chris

media.jpg

Andy.P

Negro Mágico Ibiza
Nov 26, 2007
Manchester
i just replaced them grills today, you dont have to take the whole bumper off, it may be easier but i dint. i found you pretty much have to break the current grills you have to get them out as there is quite a few clips holding them on

TDiCupraChris

You have been dieseled!!!
Oct 19, 2008
Bournemouth
i just replaced them grills today, you dont have to take the whole bumper off, it may be easier but i dint. i found you pretty much have to break the current grills you have to get them out as there is quite a few clips holding them on

So after you break the current grill to get it out, does the new grill and clips slot in ok without having to break the clips off the new one?

Andy.P

Negro Mágico Ibiza
Nov 26, 2007
Manchester
yeah its quite hard to get them out but puttin them back in is so much easier they literally just push on just annoying getting them out

Andy.P

Negro Mágico Ibiza
Nov 26, 2007
Manchester
all i did was open the bonnet, remove the four torx screws holding down a plastic piece across the centre grill and both side grills just to give it abit of freedom to move and then using a flat screwdriver just levered them out, hope this helps ya :)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
what i did when i was fitting my fr ones i undid all the top screws etc and then basically pulled that big plastic bit forward as it is quite flexible then broke all the clips from behind.and yanked the old ones out

mine where also glued.

then fitted the fr ones

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise