How easy is it to fit BTCC exhaust to standard fr back bumper?

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
This may sound a stupid question guys so bear with me. What i'm after is to make my car exclusive from the usual mods. I really fancied the BTCC body kit, but for 2k all in it is pretty expensive. What im wondering is if anyone knows of or how you would fit the bttc exhaust to the standard bumper? Would it be easy enough to cut an identical hole on the oposite side of where the hole is for the twin exhausts? Has anyone attempted this? Cheers

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Cheers Rob exactly what im loking for. Believe it or not i have seen a red fr up in dumbarton with the same thing it looked really good in my opinion. I'm just wondering how i would go about getting the diffuser cut?

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Very easy as long as you have the right tools really. Had mine done by the local garage, looks so much better

DSCF3718-1.jpg

DSCF3711-1.jpg

DSCF3712-1.jpg

Because of the exit points of the exhaust the exhaust will site slightly to the left/right of the opening's. May be an issue to some, doesn't bother me

Rob100

I'm just wondering how i would go about getting the diffuser cut?

Mine's a company car so I couldn't do this myself, but I would imagine you would take the bumper off and make a template of the hole already there. Then (the scary bit) cut a hole in the diffuser at the other side using the template as a guide. I've fitted a few towbars to previous cars, and its always a bit nerve wracking when you have to cut big holes in the bumper!

I believe that you can buy a complete new diffuser quite cheaply from Seat so if you make a balls up its not going to mean replacing the complete bumper!;)

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Cheers guys for the comments, i really fancy getting this done. Moley how much did your local garage chargs for this, and how was the hole cut, what tools were used? Cheers

Millbo

Sep 24, 2009
Northern Ireland
thats really nice, looks really different! I also would like to know what all tools were used n how much it ended up costing if possible. thanks

Moley RUFC

Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
My car is also a company car but it has understanding owners! The wheels and exhaust will come off in June and be put back to stock before my Octavia vRS roll's up.

Seat Droitwich did it for £100. The chap there told me that they used a fine head dremel and just replicated the cut out. He did order a spare black diffuser (about £20??) just in case. All I had to do was file it smooth when I got it home.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Sounds gd mate, i think i will get that done, i dont suppose you have been up scotland way (Dumbarton)? I saw a red leon fr with the BTCC exhaust on standard diffuser when i was coming back from a job in the works van.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Lol maybe not then mate, its a cracking car none the less, how much would you sell your exhaust for moley? Would you sell the diffuser?

Moley RUFC

Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Lol maybe not then mate, its a cracking car none the less, how much would you sell your exhaust for moley? Would you sell the diffuser?

Would certainly sell the exhaust when it goes back. I paid £250 for it when it was fitted in November so will be open to offers. However, my car may not go back until August depending on mileage so it may be a while yet

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
I spoke to a boy that bought one and it would'nt fit on his 2.0 tdi reference sport. Is there different BTCC exhausts for tdi and tsi? Or do they only fit FR???

tmjns796

jonesy
Apr 24, 2009
Shropshire, Hampshire
I spoke to a boy that bought one and it would'nt fit on his 2.0 tdi reference sport. Is there different BTCC exhausts for tdi and tsi? Or do they only fit FR???

it will fit, its just the exhasut i am selling hase a flange type fitting from the frontpipe, and my standard one on the reference 1.9 has a sleeve type fitting, also my exhaust runs under the n/s/r bottom arm, and the btcc one goes over it. just needs cutting and joining in the exhaust tunnel to fit my car. the different routing is not a problem.

im happy with my exhasut at the min, and cant realy be bothered jackin and hacking it up in the cold lol! thats y its for sale. i hope it makes sum1 happy lol!

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.