How much does your Leon Rattle?

chromeless

Jun 10, 2003
Visit site
My LCR has just come back from the dealers after almost a week.

There are fewer rattles than when it went in, but there are still so many that I'd be hard pushed to identify how many fewer :(

The whole instrument binnacle is loose - it's been in once for this, but surely that can't be normal.

LCRnewbie

i have two rattles that annoy me

1) from behind the dash,drivers side.... when i push down on the dash next to window it squeaks like a good un and really annoys when driving on country roads
probably a clip some loose or something

2) rear drivers side when i go over a larger bump... tried some tape around the catch that holds the rear seat in place but not helped. should i try tape somewhere else??

car is 10 mnths old, 18ooo miles ......

will get stealer to "try" and resolve these at next service

trax

nut chucker
Apr 15, 2004
Scotland/NorthEast
couple months old and ive got the rear seat rattle(40 split one), well rattle/squeek. Been playing with the rubber stopper by it to see if that'll cure it. How'd anyone else fix it?

And man, that :censored: blind ref and those cheating, diving scummers.

pezzo

Fixed the rear seat squeek by using WD40 on the catch. :)

Other people claim to have had success with Electical Tape on the catch.

Pete 20vt

No rattles on mine :p . Had one round the steering column but when it went in for the 20k service they fixed it for me! :thumbup:. Have to wait n see if it stays that way once all the ICE is in!! :D

ukdriver

trax said:
couple months old and ive got the rear seat rattle(40 split one), well rattle/squeek. Been playing with the rubber stopper by it to see if that'll cure it. How'd anyone else fix it?

And man, that :censored: blind ref and those cheating, diving scummers.

Got an annoying rattle coming from the rear o/side. Can,t seem to pin it down. Seems to rattle more when going around right bends. Don,t know whether its coming from the r/o/s door or the rear seat. Anyone got any suggestions?.

cjp

Jan 5, 2004
Visit site
Glovebox door rattles on mine. Doesn't seem to be adjustable, so have to wedge stuff in the gap to stop it.

scottc

Sep 5, 2002
Surrey
Visit site
Mine is going in to Seat on Saturday, they think the Tracker unit may have come loose which is causing the rattle. The guy at the garage said that they are not secured that well.

adaml

Jan 7, 2004
Leeds
Visit site
Is it just my perception or does there seem to be more reports of rattles and squeaks from LCRs than other Leons, inc Cupras?

So far mine seems to be sound apart from a fairly infrequent (only in certain weather) squeak on the passenger side dash. Looks like the A-pillar trim wasn't fitted back correctly when the dealer took the dash out to fit the tracker.

corp

Oct 13, 2003
Bristol
Visit site
magic77 said:
just my sodding dash on the driver side somewhere behind by the window behind the speedo - squeeks like mad

Mine was similar to this and turned out to be the alarm housing nudging up against the bulk head in the engine compartment. Fixed under warrenty. :clap:

Pagnobito

No more LCR
Sep 24, 2002
Almost Maidstone
Visit site
I had a 2000 X reg Cupra and that did not rattle at all. 60K covered
I now have a LCR and it rattles all over the place now 46K. Maybe it is the stiffer suspension, like has been said, shake it and it will rattle.
I have had on normal roads:

Rear suspension, which seemed to stop after about 15K miles
Rear seats, several times, now fixed hopefully
Passenger side door speaker, replaced
Glovebox, several attempts still not fixed
Continuous rattle Like a fan next to the radio - still to be resolved
Loose clip on the dash near the windscreen, fixed
Radio creaks, - fixed
Drivers door button area rattle - fixed
Drivers seatbelt adjustment slot - still to be fixed
New creak in the passenger side dash - to be investigated, but it doesn't do it at dealers.
Centre airvent makes a flappy noise if the fan is too high - vent replaced but still does it.
A new one has appeared today, like a mettallic clinky noise over bumps inside the dash on the passenger side. I have nothing in the glovebox, something else for the dealer to check.

I think the dealer might be fed up with me taking my car in for rattles, although they have not said of course and they do their best to fix them!
I do get even more rattles in places I can't pinpoint quite yet as they tend to only appear on particular roads, or that rumbly grip stuff they put near crossings.

Overall I am quite dissapointed at the quality of the interior in comparison to the last car. I wont be getting another Seat when it is time to change. Performance and fun factor is excellent, but the car is let down by the interior. I can't drive around with the stereo on loud all the time!

scottR

Jun 16, 2002
Central Scotland
Visit site
I found the same, Pagnobito.

My first Cupra was "W" reg, August 2000 - never had any problems with build quality.

Now on a "02" from March 2002, and I've had the rear seat rattle, numerous dahboard squeaks and rattles, globvebox lid fell off twice, speakers cutting out, etc.

Current worst one is from somewhere around the centre console, and it sounds as if the whole structure is loose and moving slightly ove bumps. Dealer told me (encouragingly) that they could take it apart to try a fix, but it would probably end up worse!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise