Ibiza 1.2 Headlight Update!

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
Well as you may all have seen by the 2 posts about this I have been putting in dual headlamps and a HID kit into my 1.2 beeza.

Anyway ITS DONE ! WOOOOOOP

The lights where aligned this morning and should be spot on when I go out with em on tonight lol. Dual headlamps much better, and what can I say about HID lights there just amazing halogens r crap.

Pics below let me know what u think.

With just Dual Lights fitted
dsc00286bj5.jpg

Comparison of the HID to Halogen (you can guess which is which)
dsc00288nn6.jpg

HIDs fitted on both sides
dsc00289wo5.jpg

Engine Pic
dsc00285uk5.jpg

Sorry about image sizes there taken off my phone :(

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
thats identicle to the kit I used, just a diffrent box. Yep all u do is plug the contacts from the HID into the old bulb connector connect the new bulb 2 the balast (all plug connectors) and turn it on. Really easy

I used 6000k wouldnt use 8000 like in that pic, and there exactly the same price unlike what it says in that add

Deleted member 13581

Looking good mate.

They really do make some difference.

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
Well as you may all have seen by the 2 posts about this I have been putting in dual headlamps and a HID kit into my 1.2 beeza.

Anyway ITS DONE ! WOOOOOOP

The lights where aligned this morning and should be spot on when I go out with em on tonight lol. Dual headlamps much better, and what can I say about HID lights there just amazing halogens r crap.

Pics below let me know what u think.

With just Dual Lights fitted
dsc00286bj5.jpg

Comparison of the HID to Halogen (you can guess which is which)
dsc00288nn6.jpg

HIDs fitted on both sides
dsc00289wo5.jpg

Engine Pic
dsc00285uk5.jpg

Sorry about image sizes there taken off my phone :(

Looks really good mate, great job.

Regards Guy

P.S. I'd like to dedicate this to you. :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Piece_at_a_Time

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
no they worked in the end, must have been a wiring thing in that they wont just work with the High beam bulb, or I might have cocked up but was a straight swap in the end, even the level adjusters went in fine

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
so do all the main beam and full beam work just normal

If i keep mines ( starting to see sense and after ur headlight conversion with the hid's its making me bite to keep it)

Hid's a doddle to fit also?

and u need to put water in ur coolant bottle btw :cartman:

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
yep lights are a straight swap and HIDs are total easy to fit as well, HIDs are as simple as velcrowing balasts to the engine bay, pluggin in all the wires, drilling a 25mm hole in the back of the light pushing cables through and pluging in. So easy. Best mod I have done so far cost me about £150 all in thats HID kit new headlamps, H3 bulbs.

I do need to put coolent in as I forgot 2 screw the cap on after checking it and drove round DOH! lol. As can be seen in the picture lol, in the picture it is inbetween the 2 markers but its not anymore lol

Cotton

Jul 23, 2007
Rotherham
that looks awsome, how much did it set you back to do the conversion, i started lookin for angel eyes for my ibiza, but could not find any, and seeing that now, i think it looks wikid.