ibiza 2.0l 16v clutch adjustment

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
no it's auto adjusted - you can try restting the ratchet (not easy) but dropping pedal is usually a sign the pedal box is going :(:(

killer205

Jun 2, 2007
its just gone really soft within the last 24 hours i cant even change gear at all now i thought the pedal did nothing except go down

help

killer205

Jun 2, 2007
do you think it might be a good idear to get a new cable and try that im really stuck on what it could be is there any way i can test the pedal box

thanks flapper

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
got a friend ? get them to press pedal down slow and call when doing so whilst ya look at gearbox end just to make sure it's moving when pushed as it were in all the right places

although it's tight, drop out the drivers glovebox and get a torch up inside the dash to the top of the pedal whilst someone pumps it - see if you can see any untoward bending

should be inner cable only moving - anything metal moving and it's will be pedal box syndrome

mine was similar - felt soft almost like carpet was in way and got worse for grabbing gears over a couple of days - eventually 2 days later went altogether

killer205

Jun 2, 2007
got a friend ? get them to press pedal down slow and call when doing so whilst ya look at gearbox end just to make sure it's moving when pushed as it were in all the right places

although it's tight, drop out the drivers glovebox and get a torch up inside the dash to the top of the pedal whilst someone pumps it - see if you can see any untoward bending

should be inner cable only moving - anything metal moving and it's will be pedal box syndrome

mine was similar - felt soft almost like carpet was in way and got worse for grabbing gears over a couple of days - eventually 2 days later went altogether

thats sounds like the same thing did ur clutch go all the way to the floor really soft

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
yer - had a creak to it in the end too but they do break in different places

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i hope it doesn't come to that, got visions of you sat there crapping yaself now :)

cable was about £35ish - always used a genuine one

pedal bob i believe is around £45 but i'l be honest was a while ago and i welded up and modified mine so i didn't need to replace it

killer205

Jun 2, 2007
i hope it doesn't come to that, got visions of you sat there crapping yaself now :)

cable was about £35ish - always used a genuine one

pedal bob i believe is around £45 but i'l be honest was a while ago and i welded up and modified mine so i didn't need to replace it

yea your right i am crapin myself lol :blink:

thanks for the help m8

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester

killer205

Jun 2, 2007
i just had a look under the pedals it looks like a right job to get the old cable out any idears the best way to tackle it thanks

zippy12

Peppermint Nightmare
when i had my 16v the cable was really easy to change only took 10-15 mins. if i remember correctly You need to reattach the straps on the adjustment part ( in engine bay ) then just unclip each end and pull it through the bulkhead, then redo the steps in reverse order to put new one in.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.