Ibiza Cupra R @ Star Performance.

Kupra R

Aug 19, 2006
Hi everyone,
recently i've noticed a slight lack of power from my car. When i took it to VW to get it serviced i had them run i diagnostic check on the vehicle checking for any obvious faults. "the top technician" said he couldnt find anything wrong with the car Anyway, the more and more i drove the car i began to deal with the lack of power and became very disapointed with the performance.

Today at 8:30am i arrived at Star, where i was met by Jim. To cut a long story short, i explained to him that i wasn't happy with the performance. He rolling roaded it. i got a figure of 183BHP and 188lbf/ft which i thought wasn't too bad considering it's only meant to be 180BHP, thats till i seen the logs and graph!!! Jim replaced the MAF sensor, low and behold, more power! My car on the second run made 192BHP and 195lbf/ft which i was impressed with(no modifications)

Driving back up the road i noticed a big difference all through the revs. I was really impressed with both his service and his interest in what i had to say! Would recommend him to everyone, altho everyone prob has their own views already!

I've decided to keep my car now and order a GT2X turbo along with all the required bits and bobs. So watch this space.........

Thought i'd share.....

Last edited:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
so.....

have you got vag com diagnostics yourself?

tried anything or had a suspicion about a certain part

not much to go on really is it
problems like these usually end up being a maf failure because they arent as obvious as say misfires, but maf is easily to check and star performance wouldnt have had any trouble ruling it out

Last edited:

Kupra R

Aug 19, 2006
Hi everyone,
recently i've noticed a slight lack of power from my car. When i took it to VW to get it serviced i had them run i diagnostic check on the vehicle checking for any obvious faults. "the top technician" said he couldnt find anything wrong with the car[:@] Anyway, the more and more i drove the car i began to deal with the lack of power and became very disapointed with the performance.

Today at 8:30am i arrived at Star, where i was met by Jim. To cut a long story short, i explained to him that i wasn't happy with the performance. He rolling roaded it. i got a figure of 183BHP and 188lbf/ft which i thought wasn't too bad considering it's only meant to be 180BHP, thats till i seen the logs and graph!!! Jim replaced the MAF sensor, low and behold, more power! My car on the second run made 192BHP and 195lbf/ft which i was impressed with(no modifications)

Driving back up the road i noticed a big difference all through the revs. I was really impressed with both his service and his interest in what i had to say! Would recommend him to everyone, altho everyone prob has their own views already!

I've decided to keep my car now and order a GT2X turbo along with all the required bits and bobs. So watch this space.........

Thought i'd share..... :)

strapper

Jul 16, 2006
ayrshire
I was at a celica gt4 rr night at star last night an I was speaking to Jim an he mentioned about a lad from Aberdeen coming down in the morning with a cupra r.

Good to hear that everything went ok!

Kupra R

Aug 19, 2006
Cheers guys...when i called him, i think had some doubts about it being a Cupra R. He was saying he had a jap night on last night? Was it good? I'd like to go to a rollong road day

Kupra R

Aug 19, 2006
Jim reckons the Cupra R comes with a Ko3s, he isn't too sure tho! I was lead to believe they had the same turbo?

Kupra R

Aug 19, 2006
Well if he does i'll be defo getting my bits from there. Going to order the turbo etc...direct from ATP.

snifta

star performance maps and jabba maps, seem to be the best around for higher k03s power increases, not many have over 235bhp with stage 2 revo and same hardware, must be something to do with teh "custom" side of the maps :)

I have had 4 maps now, im going to go star next for a gt2x or 28rs, see how they compare.

P>s glad you got your car sorted, MAF's are a pain in the arse, ive always thought mine is up the creek, but still get ~247bhp on the rollers from a k03s map ;)

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
maybe star and jabba's rollers tell fibs.
pinocchio.gif

Unless you or anybody can tell me of a rolling road that is 100% correct as i don't believe there is one.... but then it's just my opinion

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
Jim reckons the Cupra R comes with a Ko3s, he isn't too sure tho! I was lead to believe they had the same turbo?

This has lowered my opinion of star performance with just the one quote, tuners shouldnt be guessing what hardware is fitted to a car, mapping it or not, bit of a schoolboy error with this one as even i can tell the difference

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.