Ibiza Cupra R @ Star Performance.

Kupra R

Aug 19, 2006
ok whether your opinion has changed or not, i think anyone that has used him would be more than happy with his work. I know i was....

Kupra R

Aug 19, 2006
Exactly! Like i said he's only ever seen 2 others in whole time of tuning. That two could of been 10 yrs ago! Anyway....Lets all have fun!

May 25, 2004
Newport, South Wales
Another thread that made me rethink star performance capabilities was the GT2x thread. It seems Jim cannot map as Jabba or others would. He has the customer purchase an aftermarket boost controller before he maps the car on GT2X ther than using the N75 as others would be able to.

strapper

Jul 16, 2006
ayrshire
Well why do they keep constantly win audi driver and vw driver awards for there services?

I think there are too many people on here just picking at faults that are totally irrelivant and it's pathetic to say the least

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
star performance maps and jabba maps, seem to be the best around for higher k03s power increases, not many have over 235bhp with stage 2 revo and same hardware, must be something to do with teh "custom" side of the maps :)

I have had 4 maps now, im going to go star next for a gt2x or 28rs, see how they compare.

P>s glad you got your car sorted, MAF's are a pain in the arse, ive always thought mine is up the creek, but still get ~247bhp on the rollers from a k03s map ;)

Dyno Lottery.
get same cars on same dyno same day and all would be revealed.

when "custom" maps have to resort to alternate means of controlling boost, (MBC's, AVC-R's) you have to question the ability of the mapping.

;)

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Didn't you have an AVC-R bill??;)

Jim thought my ko3s was a ko3 and made me take it away again, called the guy i bought it from to double check(WILKO) and sure enough it was a ko3s that made good power on his golf!! 2 round trips to Kircaldy!!

As for his mapping, i can't say anything bad about it. Car is going really well and keeps making really good figures on different RR's.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Didn't you have an AVC-R bill??;)

Jim thought my ko3s was a ko3 and made me take it away again, called the guy i bought it from to double check(WILKO) and sure enough it was a ko3s that made good power on his golf!! 2 round trips to Kircaldy!!

As for his mapping, i can't say anything bad about it. Car is going really well and keeps making really good figures on different RR's.

NO I DID'NT ACTUALLY :p

AVC-R is'nt running on mine currently. N75 and std ecu mapping control of it.

I do have it on there for its potential to give me gear limited boost for race starts and in car boost adjustment for conditions etc.

Its not there cos it cant be mapped for boost control, like MBC's seem to be thrown on to sort out control issues out of Star.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Sorry i stand corrected!:doh: Not been on much recently so i'm not up to date with the goings on with your motor, but what from what i've read it sounds awesome!!

I'll be going CC stg 3 next time for the GT2X anyhoo. Not giving money to that guy again!

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
I had problems as well, but rectified now, there was a fault with a load setting in my ecu.

But iam happy now, he knows his stuff and has built a good reputation and is well known as one of the best.

we all have bad experiences at some point with something, but he is a good guy.

I wouldn't have any problems using him again, although if you asked me 1 month ago i would have said different.

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
The thing is can he get good results from any spec of 1.8t engine.
Or does reley on tweaking certain maps

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
u just said you couldnt say a bad thing about his mapping? :confused:

I did say that and i meant it, i do not have a bad thing to say about his mapping or skills with cars. I have a problem with the way he treats customers and do not want to give him any more money so i've decided to go for CC next time. Is that a better explanation for you sir??;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.