Ibiza drivers seat wear/logo coming unstitched

Easytigeress

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi people,

I notice some others are experiencing drivers seat wear...I have an Ibiza Cupra that is now 2 yrs old, only done 12k...None of the dealers will touch the claim under the Goodwill gesture. :cry:

Also passenger sear Cupra logo is coming unstitched, this seat rarely gets used!

Have any of you had success with getting this/these covered under warranty? If so, how?!

And before u ask, I'm only small so it's not a big a** that caused it!!

Cheers!!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
2 YRS old and 12k miles is still covered under warranty mate

The warranty is 3 yrs or 60k miles

If the logo has not been snagged or anything then I reckon it should be covered.

Easytigeress

2 YRS old and 12k miles is still covered under warranty mate

The warranty is 3 yrs or 60k miles

If the logo has not been snagged or anything then I reckon it should be covered.

XXXXXXX

Thanks Nathwarr,

I have been having major issues with getting this covered. Warranty have already rejected the claim but I am persisting with SEAT Customer Service, as I too, think it should be covered. I don't consider 12k to be excessive wear and tear for a two year old car. Let's hope they come round to my way of thinking :)

As for the Cupra logo, it is the "C" bit that's come unstitched but that's on the passenger side (that hardly gets used??). I think that's just :censored:shoddy:censored: workmanship.

Maybe they are trying to fob me off coz I'm female but they won't get rid of me that easily :D

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Does your Cupra have the new design badging (black and red) or the older one (white, black and red)? The newer design came out about 2 years ago as my 07 plate was one of the first to have it.

Easytigeress

Hi Kriso,

Sorry, being a total girl...Its the white black n red I think...took pics again today for SEAT Cust Serv if you want to see. It does look different to the 55 plate Cupra I looked at though...mine is an 07 56.:shrug:

Hi MHill, were these replaced in your FR under warranty? No-one wants to help with mine :-(

Sorry should have been clear, it was my sister, she had a Formula Sport new last March (totaled it with in a month) but had the stitching coming undone within a few weeks so our local dealer ordered in a new seat cover (this was not the dealer who supplied the car) with no aggravation. Her boyfriend no has a Sport Rider and he also had a stitching problem after a few months (think 4-5) and he also just had a straight swap. Id be interested to see some pictures of this as from a few posts on here lately Seat's customer service and warranty support seems to be lacking by a long shot. Im still waiting since the last week of december for them to authorize the replacement of my steering wheel but thats another rant[:@]

Feel like naming the dealer?

Easytigeress

Seat cover issue resolved (finally)

Hi peeps,

Just thought I would post an update (yes, I've been keeping on since my last post in Feb 2009...!)

I've now had both seats replaced [B)]. It took me THREE attempts with warranty, but I kept on at them. It was down to their own mistake that they ended up replacing both seats though :)

First seat cover (the bobbly drivers one) was replaced in November 09. When my hubby went to collected, he noticed they'd replaced it with a different cover to the passenger side!! No-one else noticed that one flag was straight and the other was waving?? ANYWAY, they weren't going to replace it, even though it didn;t match but I pointed out it wasn't my fault they didn't match.

So my advice is to keep on if you have a prob!!