Ibiza FR help custom or generic

thewez

Feb 24, 2003
Gloucetser
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just wanting some mod help and you guys seem to know your stuff...

So here goes, do i

1) Custom jabba with cupra intake and green
£425 + £90 (ish) = £515

2) Generic jabba with jabba arb
£325 + £240 (fitted) = £565

I've come to this as the clutch doesnt seem to really take much more (long term) than the generic map, so why bother going custom?

Johnsey

SNAFU
Dec 23, 2003
Here & There
www.google.com
What figures are they quoting for each in terms of BHP/Torque?
Any reason why you're not considering Revo, Custom Code, Upsolute etc?
What are you aiming to get from your remap? Low end grunt or top end?

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
thewez said:
I've come to this as the clutch doesnt seem to really take much more (long term) than the generic map, so why bother going custom?
You're quite likely to get clutch slip with a generic map.
A custom map gives you the ability to reduce the low-down torque peak to preserve your clutch, but still maintain the same top-end power...

As Johnsey said, why not look at the other companies?
I've gone for Upsolute, cheaper than the likes of Revo, Custom Code etc, been around for years, good reputation, fantastic customer service, and the maps can be tweaked to your specifications to prevent clutch slip, get more top end power (depending on how much smoke you want ;) ) etc etc.

Plus there are a few tuners active on here who seem to be getting good feedback.

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
The jabba ARB isnt a necessity, only the fabia because its got a thicker front arb... the rear one will make your car very tail happy btw.

The are loads of tuners that have there positives and negatives, but its down to personal preferance..

gazjones

:lol: but then he will need all sorts of mods to go with it, but i would consider this if you are planning to do everthing and go full out!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise