Ibiza Kitcars

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site
Ok, just dug out the Super Six car reg plates from a Seat mag I picked up somewhere:

P950 OVV - Stephen Whitford
P981 OVV - Wayne Sisson
P982 OVV - Mark Fisher (RIP)
P983 OVV - Oilver Clark
P984 OVV - Mark Perrott
P985 OVV - Mike Brown

P982 winning the class on the recent Galway Rally (3/4 Feb 2007):

P982Galway2007.jpg

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
I spoke to him a few times last year, top bloke - his co-driver Lol is one of timekeepers at Aintree sprints

His car was also in to Mikeanics one day I was there, now with more power !

Ave it

Rob

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site
Had a look through some old info this weekend....

Back onto N248, turns out it was an early Group A car, used by Barbara Armstrong:

Lurgan Park Rallly, 1996, narrow arches, wiv the roof spoiler

IMG_1669.jpg

BarbaraLurgan2.jpg

TrackRod Rally, spoiler gone, roof vent appeared. Spoiler poss gone due to lack of homologation on that spec.

BarbaraTrackrod.jpg

i remember the yellow HOT SEAT rally/track Ibiza was P37 NVV and my kiwi 8v was P34 NVV.

Also found another RHD UK Group A car, P37 NVV, mentioned earlier in thread: weld in cage. Green one year (MN 24.6.98):

P37NNV.jpg

Yellow the next:

P37NNVyellow.jpg

Last edited:

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site
N248, converted to kit spec, as originally mentioned at start of thread. Must have been reshelled - wipers have swapped sides and suspect driver has too....:

N248XVV.jpg

Original sale ad of Rob's car, Motoring News, 22.1.1997. There were possibly several identical Seat track cars sold through one advert - whereabouts of any others unknown.

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1673a.jpg

Last edited:

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
This ad date fits exactly what I know about my car - bought by Barry Andrews of the Motorist Center Canterbury early 1997, modded by GTech, Will Gollops outfit and then used to win class in 1997 Lydden SEMSEC champs

Nice when the bits of info add up.

Agreed re. N248, looks like a reshell.

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site
Ok, just dug out the Super Six car reg plates from a Seat mag I picked up somewhere:

P981 OVV - Wayne Sisson
P983 OVV - Oilver Clark
P984 OVV - Mark Perrott
P985 OVV - Mike Brown

P950 for sale in this week's Motoring News - 2.0 16V, 6 speed dog box, Proflex, quoted as ex-works (bit far fetched imo), £9.5k

Rígachrud

P981 OVV - Wayne Sisson
P983 OVV - Oilver Clark
P984 OVV - Mark Perrott
P985 OVV - Mike Brown

Currently rallying P983 (ex Oliver Clark) in Ireland in Tarmac spec....
Could be considered ex-works (makes it more valuable.. tee hee)... Have documented history of build, first registered owners were Seat Sport UK...

Retired from ALMC stages in January after blowing CV joint... second in as many events... :wtf:

Anyone had similar problems?

Anyone know where I can get wheels for her? The fronts have a massive offset to clear the GrpA discs & calipers....

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site
If I recall, they were all built as a batch by Cupra Sport Ltd / Seat Sport, but were then handed straight to privateers for use in the Super Six, ie names above. But I hear what you say!

The brakes were 295mm APs and ran Compomotives? Take it you've increased them?

Out of interest, what sort of documentation did the car come with? Just busy compiling various information over on www.vwmotorsport.com for a dedicated Seat Sport section...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.