Ibiza Mrk 2 Window Regulator Fix. Sorted!

cupra-8v

Aug 28, 2009
my passenger side was doing this, its tricky but i managed to drill a very small hole through the clip and used a split pin to stop it falling off if you can make sense of that?

cupra-8v

Aug 28, 2009
also just noticed your in warwickshire, where abouts? im from warwickshire too

mrurbanite

mrurbanite
Jul 7, 2007
Warwickshire
Hello mate, I knew id seen your motor about! Yeah the window things a right pain, these clips should be with me tomorrow, can't do another summer with closed windows!

N3 CPRA

Dec 7, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
My passenger window is doing the same, goes down about half way then back up fione, any firther and it gets jammed, also when you shut the door with the window down it jams then.

cupra-8v

Aug 28, 2009
Hello mate, I knew id seen your motor about! Yeah the window things a right pain, these clips should be with me tomorrow, can't do another summer with closed windows!

summer time is all about the windows down! yours is the 16v abf right? seen it parked up a few times i think

mrurbanite

mrurbanite
Jul 7, 2007
Warwickshire
N3, My window glass dropped after i closed the door with the windows down, i think the plastic clips that hold the window in place break as you close the door, never close the door with the window down is all i can say, crappy design!

I have the same sort of problem as you on my passenger side, think the motor is dying or something.

N3 CPRA

Dec 7, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
N3, My window glass dropped after i closed the door with the windows down, i think the plastic clips that hold the window in place break as you close the door, never close the door with the window down is all i can say, crappy design!

I have the same sort of problem as you on my passenger side, think the motor is dying or something.

Lol found that out the hard way, it still goes up and down, but not if you put it down too far.
Will get the panel off and have a looksie hopefully just the clip[s but may get a new mtor anyways to be safe.

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
N3.... a couple of years back the passenger window went down then wouldnt go back up, took the panel off and it was the plug wasnt all the way home, pushed it back on fully and it never did it again. might be worth checking that first.

N3 CPRA

Dec 7, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
N3.... a couple of years back the passenger window went down then wouldnt go back up, took the panel off and it was the plug wasnt all the way home, pushed it back on fully and it never did it again. might be worth checking that first.

Cheers dude il check that tomoz when iv got space on the drive, hopefully that be it and not the clips or motor.

mrurbanite

mrurbanite
Jul 7, 2007
Warwickshire
Hello mate, yes the clips worked a treat, roll on the summer! The link for the clips is at the top of this page where I started the thread. Cheers!

Bentley1989

Mk2 Ibiza 1.4s
Dec 18, 2007
Hartlepool
ive got a few of these spare when i changed mine over, both of my cables snapped on the regulator so i bought the full thing from the scrappy, i now i have a least 2 somewhere... lol

N3 CPRA

Dec 7, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
Checked the motor and regulator behind the panel, Dolly was right it was just the connection so sorted that, now the plastic clips have broken that hold the window clamp to the runner. Am thinkin of drilling small hole then putting split pin as said above in, is this oki to do or are there any opther suggestions, obviuosly the most obvious would be to get a new part but....
Any ideas?

N3 CPRA

Dec 7, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
Split pin it is then, cant drive around in the sun with just one window open, gets too hot. Il giv this a crack at the weekend. Easiest way i can think of is to hold the 2 bits together, drill the hole through both then out the split pin through.

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Yeah pretty much. If you want real fun take the regulator apart :p. (in all honestly I'm never gonna do this again) Although i have cured my grinding noise which was coming from the window reg.

N3 CPRA

Dec 7, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
Hell to that dude lol il jus do the old split technique, got to get it done for Inters, cant drive up there with only one window open and no air conditioning, would be a nightmare lol.
Cheers for the advice

I was looking at the sellers shop and he sells them for 14.00 odd, but he has another advert with price for 9 euros??? item codes are the same in the description..

mines just done the same thing, after inters, mate closed the door with the window all the way down, i heard a very suspicious ping at the bottom of the door and now the window comes up very slowly with one side going up further than the other.. had to yank it up manually.

im just wondering why the dudes english adverts are for 14.00 quid odd and the german ones are like 9 quid! hmmm...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members