Ibiza Xenon headlights

Nick_J

Dec 18, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Hi

When buying my FR, was going to buy the xenon headlight pack, but then saw the price.

My idea was to get some aftermarket ones, All I want is the xenon look with the headlights with the glass ball front, not necessarily a full HID conversion.

Any ideas where i can source one?

Cheers

Niall

Aug 6, 2003
www.testrake.com
Hi

When buying my FR, was going to buy the xenon headlight pack, but then saw the price.

My idea was to get some aftermarket ones, All I want is the xenon look with the headlights with the glass ball front, not necessarily a full HID conversion.

Any ideas where i can source one?

Cheers

Only the full Xenon headlights come with the glass ball front. Well worth the extra money compared to the standard lights.

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
The mk4 bulb upgrades topic does cover quite a lot about HIDs m8. Read from here onwards- http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104497&page=5

I know there's a lot of pages but if you are seriously considering the HID kit method you may find it quite useful.

TBH if you are buying your car brand new, and want the xenon look, i'd pay the £300 extra and get the standard fit ones. Fitting aftermarket kits puts you in a grey area, due to the lack of auto-levelling and headlight washers, which factory kits are required to have by law.

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Your talking about the projector lamp that shapes the HID bulbs output.

I agree it maybe 690 squid but some of the best and safest £690 you'll spend. My next car will have factory fits becuase the difference in lighting is amazing

orca

Aug 30, 2004
N Kent
www.bdmlr.org.uk
I've got the Xenons factory fitted on my Bezza. Lot of dough but WELL WORTH IT and you get to soak people with the washers. I recon I've drowned loads of kids at the school i teach at!!!

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I had the OE Xenons on my Ibiza too, and now on the Passat, they are definitely a "must have" for any future car I get. Worth every penny.

And like Orca says, the washers are great for getting cyclists, annoying twats who happen to draw alongside and have their window open, etc etc ;)

Cubix

I can supply single ballast unit HID kits rated at 6500K colour temp (described as crystal white) complete and ready to fit for 155+postage and packaging which is about 8 pounds. They are H7 fitment although I can supply H3, H1 and H4's.

Nick_J

Dec 18, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Those bulbs look pretty decent, whats the improvement that those bulbs give, I guess the HID kit offered by Cubix is whiter, but cant be THAT much whiter if these give up to 80% better light can they?

Cheers

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
If you get xenons fitted afterwards do you have to buy a new bumper with the washers in?
To be 100% legal, HID headlights need to be auto-levelling and have headlamp washers.

However many people have fitted aftermarket kits and not bothered with either and don't seem to have had a problem, so long as the headlights are correctly aligned.

To fit the washers you would need (at a minimum):
1) New bumper
2) 2 x washer units
3) Pipework and brackets etc
4) Bigger washer fluid tank

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.