If I didn’t have an Ibiza Gti already – I’d buy one !

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
I am looking around at various different web sites & papers ect at the moment while I am quiet at work and its striking me that there are some cracking Mk2 Gti’s out there are at the moment for what I would consider to be quite cheap.

I know a few people on here are looking at conversions and things like that but I am seeing some real quality out there…. low mileage, tidy body work, FSH, full mot’s…….for what’s on offer at the moment I think I would be looking at bagging myself one instead of maybe going down the conversion route.

Don’t get me wrong non of the ones ive seen around are mine so don’t think I am trying to promote a sale here as I am not.

Just wondered if anyone else noticed the same thing ? - suppose all of this just goes towards the fact that they are cracking little cars !!!

Just glad I am not planning on selling mine !:D

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
been looking at audi coupe's (yes i know i know) and seen a few V6 Quattro's i have always liked going cheaper now too

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Yep I have to agree.

Was on ebay last night and saw a few that I would snap up if I had the money.

There was a nice Topaz Blue 16v (Sure they were a member on here) and there was an 8v with only 46,000 on the clock, 99p start and no reserve.

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
I know the one you mean craig. Its a beaut.

I must have done a search everyday this week and looked. .Ive been that bored !

R reg 16v's with 80 odd thousand on the clock. tidy 8v kiwi's....the lot is out there at the moment.

Surley you must be tempted mate ? - EDIT - looks like OL will bag it - Good luck !!!

There is just such a wide range to choose from.

Last edited:

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I know the one you mean craig. Its a beaut.

I must have done a search everyday this week and looked. .Ive been that bored !

R reg 16v's with 80 odd thousand on the clock. tidy 8v kiwi's....the lot is out there at the moment.

Surley you must be tempted mate ?

Yep I am tempted. Im so tempted. But I aint got the money and I doubt Id get a loan in the current climate.

Plus I was informed on thursday theres a risk of pay-offs at my work so I dont want to get a loan or that incase its me, but I dont think it will be as I'm still an apprentice.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
after looking at colour and crap on mine, been thinking it will be easier to get another one or two or three

anyone got spare garden space ? mine's full already :)

reminds me gotta chase up a dead engined polo tomorrow - anyone got a smashed up fireblade anywhere >?

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
yup its a Valver :)
seriously interested, only stumbling block is storage (really wish I still had my garage) and the cash side of things.. but we'll see

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
you still interested?... Ill go look and see what the score is and give you a yell ;)

If it was worth it I would struggle to say no, got the funds and temporary storage space. I had put a mk2 to the back of my mind until you mentioned it :happy:

Let me know what you think.........shot gun on second dibs ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.