**IMPORTANT** Exeo Pioneer Unit Issues

Irksome

Feb 27, 2011
Can we get this thread unstuck and remove the IMPORTANT tag - its not important to the vast majority as its not a major issue for most owners and really isn't that important any longer.

tone locco

Just a quick update.
My Exeo/Kenwood problems are over.
I had to have a meeting with the owner of the dealership and he then had to take it up with SEAT UK on my behalf. Exeo cant be fixed/or SEAT wont pay for the full rewire and refit of a proper RNS unit so car was swapped for a Leon FR+ TDI 170.
Would not have done it but with the contribution from SEAT UK and the discount and extras I got from the dealership i could not really resist. Total contribution form SEAT and dealer came to about £3K, plus decent trade in for mine.
Now having trouble free Sat Nav/bluetooth motoring. Plus car does more to the gallon than the EXEO!
As far as the comment about this thread not being a big problem or very important, i disagree. The issue is not one of unreliability, but of value for money and customer satisfaction.How many EXEO owners were swayed by the tempting offer on the SE TECH model to find that they eventually had not got what they paid for. This problem has hilighted how bad SEAT UK customer service can be.
Their reluctance to put right what they knew to be a fault is incredible. The manner in which they dealt with this problem is even worse.
My old EXEO is curently with a car audio dealer being looked at. As far as i know it has been there since I traded it. They have found a couple of faults with the wiring so far and they are still looking at it.
SEAT UK/Pioneer F***** up the EXEO wiring before I even took delivery.
But what is done is done. Granted i no longer have a luxurious lounge to drive around in with a home cinema installed, but at least what i have got in my FR+ works!
To anyone who is still having the problem with the sat navs, go back to the dealer and argue. Quote my threads if you want. It might be worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dean14

Hi Tone, thanks for the posts so far. I purchased an Exeo ST SE (not SE Tech) on October 2012 and it was fitted with the Pioneer unit. It was 11 months old and had done <10k miles. I was after an SE Tech but actually preferred the cloth seats of the SE so when a local dealer had this in with (apparently) the Sat-Nav, Bluetooth etc of the SE Tech and a similar price I bought it. What a mistake. Trouble with the dealers from day one (Jennings Middlesborough) who didn't fix several issues on the car that they stated they would - until I threatened to take them to court and involved SEAT UK. Anyway, they did sort most of the problems but a couple of problems remained with the Pioneer unit. SEAT UK arranged for me to take it to DM Keith of York to have it looked at under warranty. The guys at DM Keith have been brilliant, what a contrast to Jennings!

Guess what, the rear speakers of the car don't work! I am getting the run around from SEAT UK and the same story as you with regards to not being prepared to replace the original unit as the wiring in the SE is different from the SE Tech and it's a cost issue. The tech guys at SEAT talked to the tech guys at Pioneer UK from January to June and came up with the fix of a new wiring harness. Had that fitted last week and it made no difference! Latest from SEAT UK is to have the concert fitted to see if its a wiring problem or a Pioneer unit problem. My guess is the former.

Anyone else with similar problems? I'll keep posting about any developments at this end.

Corvus Cornix

Jun 30, 2005
Norway
I have problem with weak radio signal. Have read it has someting to do with the exeo dual antenne, and the unit only use one.
Have enyone installed this adapter?
PIONEER Antenne Adapter CA-AE VAG.001

tone locco

dont get fobbed off!

The problem is not with the dealers, but they don't help as they are "handcuffed" by SEAT UK, coz they have have practically washed their hands of the radio issues and the dealers don't want to pay for any repairs themselves. The problem is that the Pioneer units are basically not compatable with the EXEO/and or the person who fitted the radios at portside when they arrived in to the UK ****ed up the wiring/fiiting before they were taken to the dealerships.
If you agree to having the Concert radio fitted, as I did, It will not fault. SEAT will then use this as an excuse to off load the problem to PIONEER who wont be able to fix it as there is nothing wrong with their units. If you took it out and fitted it to an older non seat car it would work fine. After i traded my car it was sent to BASE systems a car audio dealer in Preston and thats the last i knew about it. When I last made enquiries at my SEAT dealership they said that the car was still at base and they were still working on it over a month after i traded it.. They had found faults.
The EXEO is a great car and I do miss mine, but the sat nav/radio issue and lack of support from SEAT UK was too much. Glad I got rid of it.
Don't get fobbed off. If you bought secong hand the cost of repair/replacement sits with the dealership. Don't accept the Concert radio as a test unit as it will only help SEAT to pass the problem on to Pioneer. In my case SEAT tried to blame Pioneer and then Kenwood. IMHO two of the best car audio manufacturers around today. I never accepted that three units from 2 different manufacturers could have the exact same fault. SEAT never agrees to put the kenwood unit in to another car to test it. Thats when they kinda admitted that the wiring had been changed. The ony solutions are: complete new wiring harness for the car and audio which means a total re wire and re build or swap the car. SEAT or your dealership won't pay for that as it is 40 hrs and then there is the cost of the loom etc. They refused to do this due to the cost. Threaten to take them to court over it the dealer won't want that as he is ultimately responsible and it would generate unwanted bad press for them.
G:wtf:good luck and let us know how you got on?

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
I'm having problems with mine and was wondering if anyone could help?

If I'm listening to either the radio, cd or an sd card and my mobile rings - The stereo no longer mutes to answer the call, but it does mute if I'm streaming music from my phone via bluetooth. Basically, I have to turn down the volume and take the call, not ideal if you don't notice on the stereo display that someone is trying to call me!

It used to work, but no longer does, can anyone help?

Damian

Corvus Cornix

Jun 30, 2005
Norway
Hi Damian, check your mute settings. Go into settings, av system settings, there you have the mute settings. It have three or four settings.

philster60

Jun 20, 2011
afternoon - sorry does anybody have the fix for the terrible reception on the Pioneer head- Apart from that i experience no probs with it

Corvus Cornix

Jun 30, 2005
Norway
afternoon - sorry does anybody have the fix for the terrible reception on the Pioneer head- Apart from that i experience no probs with it

When the unit was fitted to Exeo, the tcm adapter only had one antena port. The new adapter CA-AE VAG.001 has dual port so you can connect both antennas. As metion the reception went from very very bad to very very god.

AndrewGowdy

AndrewG
Jan 6, 2015
Many thanks, I eventually found a similar amplifier on Amazon UK (I live in UK) and fitted tonight. Signal now excellent on FM channels especially the local stations and I now have AM channels, before I didn't even get static !! The previous amplifier must have been faulty when initially installed (I'm the second owner of car) and the previously owner must have been happy playing CD's or iPod.

Thanks again.

kermeli

Jan 3, 2016
Hey,

Iv replaced the original stereo with Alpine W296Bt and it resets itself after every 2 months or so. First it did reset everything, now it suddenly keeps the color settings, but resets everything else. It always resets after some action, seems to be connected to bluetooth.. once it resetted when i tried to answer my phone via the head units button.. few sec silence and all resetted.

sometimes when i start the car and try to connect my phone to it, it simply wont connect and resets. There is no new firmwares to the headunit, cables are checked more than once..

what could cause this >.<

JR_130

Mar 24, 2009
Many thanks, I eventually found a similar amplifier on Amazon UK (I live in UK) and fitted tonight. Signal now excellent on FM channels especially the local stations and I now have AM channels, before I didn't even get static !! The previous amplifier must have been faulty when initially installed (I'm the second owner of car) and the previously owner must have been happy playing CD's or iPod.

Thanks again.

hi @AndrewGowdy
do you have a link to the amplifier you got?
I've started having issues with radio reception recently

JR_130

Mar 24, 2009
update for anyone looking for info re poor reception.

My reception improved by fitting a Celsus aerial amplifier: http://www.celsusice.co.uk/

Part: Dual Fakra with Diversity to DIN Aerial Adaptor
Part Number: AAN2203

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.