in car Xbox

westoncraig

reviver of old threads :)
Aug 7, 2005
weston-SUPER-mare
right then! well in preparation of my leon that il be purchasing in the new year im gunna crack on with this mod it think!!
so thought id revive the thread!! how have you boys got on with it?

westoncraig

Aug 7, 2005
weston-SUPER-mare
i got a message off of flapper lastnight...the pages have been deleted..nooooooooooooooooooo but he said he'd help us if we get stuck...

the other links still work so its ok for the moment!

spud, might be good if we bounce off eachother if we get stuck!

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
i was considering mounting it under the glove box, because then its slightly out of the way, but still in view for the controllers (wireless) and its accesible, may even spray it black so it blends in...then just wire it through the back of the contre console, and hardwire it in

westoncraig

Aug 7, 2005
weston-SUPER-mare
sounds like a good idea! i was thinking of ditching the box totally, installing the dvd drive in the glovebox, with all other component parts under the dash!! if its anything like other vag cars theres often quite a nice recess to fill!!

im a noob to this! sooo il prob be winging and all sorts of crap throughout the process! but i want it done haha!

so i figure my purchase list consists of:
large hdd (130 gb maybe)
mod chip (xenium,xecuter 3,smart xx, xchip)
wire..of which im unsure yet cos i have not read the millions of pages of how do do the mod!
a screen
some form of power convertor

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
well il have it all sorted for the way im doing it, because the screen im getting can have things hard wired to it and the people that are doing my dvd player have said theyl wire in my xbox for £100..so then i just gota figure out a way of mounting the xbox

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
wasnt me deleted em - sorry - microsoft did due to lack of traffic

executer 2.6 was the chip + main software was slayers evo-x

got a 80 gig hdd in mine and as far as i know thats the max it recognises but then it was 3 years ago :)

i had a joytech converter with the cigar end chopped off and rigged to a switch but have seen mods to wire it direct to 12v

mine was all built in the dash seperately just to see if i could do it - personally id leave it complete as possible next time and utilise the hdd more

screen had dual inputs so i had the gamecube (12v) rigged up to channel too from teh centre console

Last edited:

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
wasnt me deleted em - sorry - microsoft did due to lack of traffic

executer 2.6 was the chip + main software was slayers evo-x

got a 80 gig hdd in mine and as far as i know thats the max it recognises but then it was 3 years ago :)

i had a joytech converter with the cigar end chopped off and rigged to a switch but have seen mods to wire it direct to 12v

mine was all built in the dash seperately just to see if i could do it - personally id leave it complete as possible next time and utilise the hdd more

screen had dual inputs so i had the gamecube (12v) rigged up to channel too from teh centre console

haha 3 years ago. I was on the avalaunch team helping to create a better OS. which in theory we did but noone liked it as it was TOOOO customisable if you get me. But max xbox reads is 111gb for no apparent reason other than thats what xbe drive system likes. Couldnt modify that so nowadays we just added a drive system of our own called the G: drive and you can go as large as possible. But i wouldnt like to on an IDE system bit slow.

Its ironic i put my open source programming examples on my cv for a placement year and then realised i was sending it to microsoft. Havn't heard back yet but i think they will be mad.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.