Installation - MIB2 Stereo Sat Nav DAB UNIT

Feb 21, 2020
Singapore
Hi,

I would like to ask if any coding is required and do it comes with build in GPS ?
If I have a 2018 MMI, would it work with the unit ? Does it need a GPS antenna too
Apologies for the noobie questions.

View attachment 4574 Hello all,

I have a 2013 - 63 plate Seat Leon 1.6tdi.

It originally has SAT NAV DAB RADIO etc and is the technology pack.

I bought this car with bits of damage - and unfortunately the stereo screen was broken.

I had a look around for some screens etc and ultimately decided that the original screen in the car is too small and I want something bigger.

Now I don’t like going aftermarket etc so bought a genuine Seat stereo Unit that has the 8 inch screen - part number: 5F0 919 606

This is from a 2018 Seat Leon MK3.5

I also got the SEAT EASYCONNECT MMI in the glove box to go with the screen - MIB2 as far as I understand.

The fitting was pretty straight forward - took the old bits out, and everything was plug and play - except one of the wires that connect to the rear of the screen. I had to modify the connector slightly - very easy - and it was all up and running. CP WAS REMOVED BY THE SELLER. Happy days!

Now the issue I have is that the cage that the new screen sits in is slightly different to the original one.

I can’t seem to figure out how to take the new screen out of the cage?? Any ideas?

The full heater cage sticks out quite a bit.

Or should I just modify the new cage?

If anyone is interested in the full installation, once I have completed it, I will make a video with step by step instructions.

Teebster

Feb 11, 2019
I’ve finally managed to do the full thing, I initially gave up after the costs being so high with hacking the unit to get the Bluetooth etc to work but finally got it all done.

£355 for the unit and display
£80 cp removal
£150 hack the unit for Bluetooth Nav AirPlay etc to work

Any tips on how to retrofit the USB port? My car doesn’t originally have a USB port

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zalify

Street’s closed pizza boy..
Jun 1, 2019
West Midlands
I’ve finally managed to do the full thing, I initially gave up after the costs being so high with hacking the unit to get the Bluetooth etc to work but finally got it all done.

£355 for the unit and display
£80 cp removal
£150 hack the unit for Bluetooth Nav AirPlay etc to work

Any tips on how to retrofit the USB port? My car doesn’t originally have a USB port

You’ll need the lower tray that has the USB slot in it. Message some breakers, they’ll be able to get you one for cheap.

You’ll then need the USB port which I ended up buying from Seat and you’ll also need a Media Harness. Got mine off eBay for about £40. Item number was 392845408835 on eBay. I brought this harness originally from AliExpress but it was faulty (buy cheap, buy twice).

Zalify

Street’s closed pizza boy..
Jun 1, 2019
West Midlands
You’ll need the lower tray that has the USB slot in it. Message some breakers, they’ll be able to get you one for cheap.

You’ll then need the USB port which I ended up buying from Seat and you’ll also need a Media Harness. Got mine off eBay for about £40. Item number was 392845408835 on eBay. I brought this harness originally from AliExpress but it was faulty (buy cheap, buy twice).

4bb122a7cd5a571148b91fe6cf152375.jpg

Ps here’s mine all finished from a few months ago.

Reactions: HDizzle
Apr 1, 2021
4bb122a7cd5a571148b91fe6cf152375.jpg

Ps here’s mine all finished from a few months ago.

Do you know anywhere that can resolve the CP issues and hack the unit for the GPS/BT etc?

I want to upgrade my 2015 unit, found some parts online but dont think they have CP removed etc.

Letchworth SEAT - car sales sponsor