Interior Help Needed ASAP

Mike FR+

Hi guys

I have just bought a full electric leather interior for £100 for my Leon.

Do any of you know the weight as I have to organize a courier to pick it up.

If its too heavy, 400 mile round trip for me ha ha ha

Thanks in advance :help:

jcborden

Unfotunately I didn't weight mine when I picked it up (it was also a 400 mile round trip for me...), but know it is VERY heavy, probably something like 60-70 Kg for all seats. Quite a bit heavier than the original ones... £100 is definitely a bargain though!

Good luck.
James

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike FR+

Did you get it all in your car when you picked it up? I have front and rear seats, and door cards

Mike FR+

What was involved in fitting your interior mate? I have looked at the back seats and it looks straight forward but havent had a look at the fronts.

Any issues with airbags?

jcborden

I didn't have the door cards, but the seats all fitted in no problem at all.

Back seats are real easy, 5 minute job. Front seats obviously need wiring in which is a little more tricky and invovles removing the centre console.... I wrote some brief instructions here which tells you how to remove seats and do wiring.

Hope that helps.

Mike FR+

After a bit of a search, while the old front seats are out I want to wire them in.

Obviously there will be the very very thorough hoover ha ha, but is it safe to wire the front seats into the cigarette lighter? Im thinking about the lack of a fuse etc.

Help!!!!! lol

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
mike have you picked them up yet ??

you could remove all your seats except drivers for obvious reasons , drive & collect and pop them in the space you have gained

as for wiring not sure , would they have prewired these or not from factory

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise