Introduction and A little Advice Needed

Feb 5, 2023
Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for a good few months and the quality discussion has really helped inform me on my first Seat purchase! So I'm now the happy owner of a 2015 1.4 150 ACT Leon. As for the advice I've been looking up timing belt threads on here which (generally) recommend a main dealers do it due to the added warranty and for servicing I'm a little unsure, there is the SEAT service package which is £22.50x24 months and seems to offer a fairly comprehensive package but would anyone say independents are just as good?

And on that note would there be any recommendations from kind folks for good main dealers and independents in the Wirral/Merseyside area of the UK?

Would appreciate any advice offered, and thanks in advance!

Shrekker

Jun 4, 2021
Due to the fact of the importance of timing the engine , I would take it to a main dealers as they will give you peace of mind, and they have the correct equipment to time the engine correctly, there are several you tube videos showing the mechanics using a laptop with the software to correctly time the camshafts. I'm not saying the independent's don't have the equipment , but being a x AA Patrol i would not even attempt mine. better left to dealer who will give you a warranty with work done.

Reactions: Walone
Feb 5, 2023
Due to the fact of the importance of timing the engine , I would take it to a main dealers as they will give you peace of mind, and they have the correct equipment to time the engine correctly, there are several you tube videos showing the mechanics using a laptop with the software to correctly time the camshafts. I'm not saying the independent's don't have the equipment , but being a x AA Patrol i would not even attempt mine. better left to dealer who will give you a warranty with work done.
Yeah that's exactly what I read, and it was only through reading here that it became obvious the timing was more specialized due to ACT and needing additional software to time it correctly. I'd definitely go the dealer route

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.