Is a res delete on 2019 Cupra (PPF) worth it?

Cranny D

Dec 24, 2018
Evening all

I know there are plenty of threads about res deletes on the latest 2019 Cupra's, most of which I am caught up on...

But I guess the real reason for this particular thread is that I am intrigued to get people's personal opinion on whether they think getting a res delete on the new cupra's with the PPF is worth it? And by worth it, I mean, does it make enough of an improvement to the sound of the exhaust note to bother investing in?

I've seen people rave about the difference it makes, but from the one video I have heard, unless my ears are totalled, I can't really hear a difference??

Cheers ladies and gents :)

Reactions: Ryosaurus26

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Evening all

I know there are plenty of threads about res deletes on the latest 2019 Cupra's, most of which I am caught up on...

But I guess the real reason for this particular thread is that I am intrigued to get people's personal opinion on whether they think getting a res delete on the new cupra's with the PPF is worth it? And by worth it, I mean, does it make enough of an improvement to the sound of the exhaust note to bother investing in?

I've seen people rave about the difference it makes, but from the one video I have heard, unless my ears are totalled, I can't really hear a difference??

The difference is not a pronounced as the pre PPF cars, but it does make a difference. No video of an exhaust is really going to show how good they are unless the cars are side by side in the same video.

Ryosaurus26

Oct 25, 2018
Evening all

It does make a difference, especially with a few miles on the clock and when the exhaust is warm. You get lots more pops and bangs from the exhaust, and more frequent louder DSG farts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I have the same concern, most of the videos are filmed on a mobile phone with controls the volume of the recording. There is no real way to determine a difference between before and after if thats the case. However on some videos i've seen, there are diffintely more pops and bangs post res delete.

My issues is i wouldn't want the car to obnoxiously loud all the time. just when under acceleration.

For £60-100 though, its not a bad mod. I wouldnt be worried about it being quiet, more about being too loud for everyday driving.

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
I have a couple of videos posted on here of mine. yeah they are not great quality but as stated by @Damo H unless they are next to each other you wont get a true reflection.

I can confirm after a good few miles of fitting it it is worth the £80 or so. the bangs on the upshifts are immense especially from 2nd to 3rd. more growly pulling away and does turn heads.

no drone with the PPF fitted which is the major bonus

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I have the same concern, most of the videos are filmed on a mobile phone with controls the volume of the recording. There is no real way to determine a difference between before and after if thats the case. However on some videos i've seen, there are diffintely more pops and bangs post res delete.

My issues is i wouldn't want the car to obnoxiously loud all the time. just when under acceleration.

For £60-100 though, its not a bad mod. I wouldnt be worried about it being quiet, more about being too loud for everyday driving.
I'd wait until you've had the car a while before making the decision. For me the stock sound is perfect. Not embarrassing when driving normally and when under acceleration it makes enough noise to put a grin on your face. My Dad commented on how loud it was when he followed me in his car.

Cranny D

Dec 24, 2018
I'd wait until you've had the car a while before making the decision. For me the stock sound is perfect. Not embarrassing when driving normally and when under acceleration it makes enough noise to put a grin on your face. My Dad commented on how loud it was when he followed me in his car.

Sound advice - I've had mine for a good six or so months now.

I came across a pre PPF model on the roads the other day and it definitely had some sort of mod to the exhaust and it sounded gorgeous. Safe to say I am not bothered about what other drivers think as long as I have more of a smile on my face.

Plus, if its true there is no/minimal drone post PPF, then even better right?:1st:

Reactions: Kirky

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Sound advice - I've had mine for a good six or so months now.

I came across a pre PPF model on the roads the other day and it definitely had some sort of mod to the exhaust and it sounded gorgeous. Safe to say I am not bothered about what other drivers think as long as I have more of a smile on my face.

Plus, if its true there is no/minimal drone post PPF, then even better right?:1st:
To be honest, outside the standard car following someone else, it sounds great. Its just not enough from the drivers seat.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members